Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask and ye shall receive!

View attachment iocopy.ioreg

Didn't seem to do it at work, it could potentially be the network but not had any issues with any other device.

Ask and ye shall receive!

View attachment 160449

Didn't seem to do it at work, it could potentially be the network but not had any issues with any other device.

WiFi looks ok, but there is a problem with bluetooth (perhaps you didn't install the required BrcmPatchRAM kexts).

Also, power management is not implemented.

Hmm, think I installed the Bluetooth patch, I'll double check when I get home. What do I need to do about power management?

OK so updating to Clover 3320 allowed the update to 10.11, however the issue now is that the smartpad is kind of wonky, its slow and you can't do two finger scroll. The other issue is I lost Bluetooth, wifi still works no issue.

Not sure what the issue is, but make sure you update Clover before doing the update.

1) Scroll wil not work until scroll speed is adjusted in Sys Pref | Trackpad. Must be done at least once.
2) ApplePS2SmartTouchPad can be adjusted via /S/L/E/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad/plist (best way to edit copy to desktop edit then re-install with Kext Utility, keep copy on desktop till testing complete)
3) As noted El Capitan requires BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext . New BrcmPatchRAM/BrcmPatchRAM2 available: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

jhawk

Little confused on what to do for the battery management.

@jhawk What did you do for your UX305F in regards to the power management stuff?

@RehabMan Also got the Bluetooth all working now, many thanks.

Little confused on what to do for the battery management.

@jhawk What did you do for your UX305F in regards to the power management stuff?

@RehabMan Also got the Bluetooth all working now, many thanks.

ACPIBatteryManager.kext for battery management. Power management is done by the "M" processor. We verified that Speed Step was fully functional via Intel program ( downloaded from intel ) with no further work needed. The only reason to download Intel program is to verify operation, not required for power managment.

jhawk

1) Scroll wil not work until scroll speed is adjusted in Sys Pref | Trackpad. Must be done at least once.
2) ApplePS2SmartTouchPad can be adjusted via /S/L/E/ApplePS2SmartTouchPad/plist (best way to edit copy to desktop edit then re-install with Kext Utility, keep copy on desktop till testing complete)
3) As noted El Capitan requires BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext . New BrcmPatchRAM/BrcmPatchRAM2 available: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

jhawk

Scroll works great... can't believe I missed that. I installed the kexts as stated but bluetooth still not available.

oh, one last question: is anyone else getting that after a sleep-resume cycle all the usb devices are 'improperly removed'? probably an easy fix but it's beyond my capabilities..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back