Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah cool, I'll keep that in mind cheers.

Noticing now that on wake from sleep USB devices don't work at all until I restart, then they work straight away, any ideas?

Ah cool, I'll keep that in mind cheers.

Noticing now that on wake from sleep USB devices don't work at all until I restart, then they work straight away, any ideas?
Yosemite required a USB work around for sleep to work. The short answer is when waking from sleep USB is re-initialized rather than restored to active state. I just got done testing this on EL Capitan and while it needs more testing it looks like the problem is fixed at least in part.

jhawk

Is there anything I can do in Yosemite to fix this or a work around? Currently I have to restart the computer after it goes to sleep or I close the lid :(

Is there anything I can do in Yosemite to fix this or a work around? Currently I have to restart the computer after it goes to sleep or I close the lid :(

If you are using an external USB to run OS X then a restart would be required. However, you should not have to restart to say use a USB for extra storage watch movies etc. It would simply loose it's place, and you will get USB removed warning you simply close and drive should be functional. In the case of movies It will usually resume from last known time frame.

When I was working on getting this ready for wider distribution aka FastLanePackages I had to drop using an external USB and install to my internal SSD it also aided in debugging. Post config.plist.

jhawk

Ah right, attached my config.

I also remember reading something about OS X serials and using iMessage? Something about they need to be unique and not used or can get you banned or something?

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 223
Ah right, attached my config.

I also remember reading something about OS X serials and using iMessage? Something about they need to be unique and not used or can get you banned or something?

1) Rename config.plist to config.plist-0rg in /EFI/Clover
2) Then copy the attached config 3.plist to /EFI/Clover/config.plist. This should resolve the issue let me know if it fails to resolve problem.

Once you verify everything is working then you can use Clover Configurator to generate a full SMBIOS for Imessage etc.
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

jhawk

Attachments

• config 3.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 240
Cool, the USB stuff seems all working now. Did you manage to speak to that person about that wireless card by the way?

Cool, the USB stuff seems all working now. Did you manage to speak to that person about that wireless card by the way?
Yes, I mentioned it to him. I would have expected a reply by now, if he was interested.
Glad to hear all is well.

jhawk

Ah no problem, I'll order it online. Thanks for the effort though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back