Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah cool, I'll get on ordering that then.

It seems to be happening with any USB sticks from what I can tell, including a SanDisk and Kingston one.
Post list of kexts in /EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Note: Kexts: FakeSMC ApplePS2SmartTouchPad (ONLY TWO)

jhawk

Made an edit to my previous post sorry after you replied.

The kexts I have in that folder are:

FaceSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

The problem is GenericUSBXHCI.kext

jhawk

That's done the trick, many thanks.

As for the wireless card, is that one I linked ok?

When you took the little rubber feet off the bottom to get to the screws, did they stick back on ok or?

Ah ok, I'll try removing that.

You are better of sticking with dell DW1560. Sarge999 orderd a DW1560 for another machine by accident so he has a spare he might ship to UK. I have to email him some info I'll tell him to contact you.

Note when you delete the two files and Install and install ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext you might need these notes.
Post install:
if Bluetooth keeps popping up go to Sys Pref | Bluetooth advanced and un check both boxes Done!
Scroll, you need to adjust scroll speed at least once for it to work Sys Pref | Trackpad.

jhawk

Ah ok, that would be really appreicated!

Ah sweet, many thanks again :)

Seems the post are posting slow today. I popped the rubber feet out with a small flat screw driver just enough to get my finger nail on it and pop it out. Went back together with no problem. Make note of connection I.e. white R black left with contact strip pointing at you not conection pins.

jhawk

Just thought of one thing to note, two screws are longer than the rest when you take of the back. They are the screws between the rubber pads you need to remove, with the machine upside down and hinge at top. they are the center screws at the top.

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back