Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
will try that out now, will post results after i do all the swapping with and without genericUSB kext

thank you! :)

sorry, I'm using a USB 2.0 8gb USB stick, the Sandisk Cruzer Facet. Didn't see that you had asked for that as well in the prior post.

20150702_212920.jpg this is the white screen I got before when booting into safemode, I just got it again

EDIT: now im getting the OSX loading colorwheel

View attachment 142845 this is the white screen I got before when booting into safemode, I just got it again

EDIT: now im getting the OSX loading colorwheel

Did you wait long enough? All of what you show are a normal part of booting the installer.

It is not quick.

Still waiting, colorwheel is spinning, i will be patient and sit this out, I am currently typing this from another computer, just out of curiosity how long before i give up and try your idea of removing the GenericUSB kext?

EDIT: Screen went black, the computer is still on, but nothing on the screen.

nvm just screen sleep, pressed power button and its back up.

Still waiting, colorwheel is spinning, i will be patient and sit this out, I am currently typing this from another computer, just out of curiosity how long before i give up and try your idea of removing the GenericUSB kext?

I'd give it 5-10 minutes.

Not sure if the installer works in safe mode. Best to boot in normal mode.

since able to boot almost all the way in safemode i tried going around all the ports in verbose but ended up getting the same caution sign and crash as before.

SUCCESS. REMOVED THE GENERICUSB.KEXT BOOTED INTO INSTALLER SUCCESSFULLY AND QUICKLY!!!

thank you so much Rehabman, i will follow the rest of Jhawks guide and will return if i have any trouble!

Install was successful, booted HDD and everything worked fine, since i had the identical computer to his, i used his fastlane zip file to configure my Mac OSX, everything seems to be working but, keeps saying the keyboard isn't connected so its looking for a bluetooth one.

Now as i understand i must get a DW-1560 for wifi! :)

curious, im 99% sure my computer is the identical model to Jhawks, but if not, how could i determine the type of touch pad mine has? I'm curious to see if the two computers are indeed 100% identical

Install was successful, booted HDD and everything worked fine, since i had the identical computer to his, i used his fastlane zip file to configure my Mac OSX, everything seems to be working but, keeps saying the keyboard isn't connected so its looking for a bluetooth one.

SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced. Uncheck the boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back