Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to this but managed to boot and install Sierra using recommended UniBeast and MultiBeast, but without keyboard, trackpad, sound or display drivers. I was able to fix first two but then crashed and locked out when trying to fix display using Clover. Now I can't boot either from HD or USB, even the one that initially worked...
So I just followed your excellent guide (Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover), GUID partition, recommended kexts, config.plist and BIOS settings. Screen shot of error message attached.
note Guide is from 2014 but I used most recent versions of Clover and kexts that I could find following your links.
Thanks for any advice!
Intel M 5Y10 Processor, Chipset. Integrated Intel® CPU. LPDDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 8 GB. Display. 13.3" Auto IPS FHD (1920x1080)/IPS QHD+(3200 x 1800) Graphic. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 5300. 256GB SSD

Hi, I'm new to this but managed to boot and install Sierra using recommended UniBeast and MultiBeast, but without keyboard, trackpad, sound or display drivers. I was able to fix first two but then crashed and locked out when trying to fix display using Clover. Now I can't boot either from HD or USB, even the one that initially worked...
So I just followed your excellent guide (Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover), GUID partition, recommended kexts, config.plist and BIOS settings. Screen shot of error message attached.
note Guide is from 2014 but I used most recent versions of Clover and kexts that I could find following your links.
Thanks for any advice!
Intel M 5Y10 Processor, Chipset. Integrated Intel® CPU. LPDDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM, 8 GB. Display. 13.3" Auto IPS FHD (1920x1080)/IPS QHD+(3200 x 1800) Graphic. Integrated Intel HD Graphics 5300. 256GB SSD

Initial installation...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Then refer to this guide for clues specific to the laptop.
Then refer to the 10.12 README linked from the FAQ for 10.12 specific problems...

I finished all processs. But I still have no idea with "*.txt" patches.

How do I patch those files? Thanks

I finished all processs. But I still have no idea with "*.txt" patches.

How do I patch those files? Thanks

Use MaciASL "Patch" functionality.

@K0guma are you still alive man? How is your battery life? And does sleep work?

And were you using Sierra or El Capitan that you got everything working on?

Hi guys.
First off awesome tutorial. :D Flawless and easy to follow.
I have my ASUS zenbook ux305fa running High Sierra to near perfection. Thanks!

One question. I use a generic 2.0 usb to Ethernet adapter. I’m used to getting 8-10 mbps from my ISP but using it on my hackingtosh has me at <10kbps. It works, but as you can imagine, it’s next to useless. Can I get a fix for this? Or do I have to submit to a Broadcom WiFi adapter.

If anyone is still out there, help :,(

Hi guys.
First off awesome tutorial. :D Flawless and easy to follow.
I have my ASUS zenbook ux305fa running High Sierra to near perfection. Thanks!

One question. I use a generic 2.0 usb to Ethernet adapter. I’m used to getting 8-10 mbps from my ISP but using it on my hackingtosh has me at <10kbps. It works, but as you can imagine, it’s next to useless. Can I get a fix for this? Or do I have to submit to a Broadcom WiFi adapter.

If anyone is still out there, help :,(

USB WiFi not recommended. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead.

Thank you Sir!

Any suggestions as to which one (PCIe WiFi) would be optimal?

Also, can't seem to be able to edit touchpad settings / gestures from the system preferences. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Last edited:
EDIT: One/a couple of the BIOS settings beyond what the guide mentioned needed adjustment. I didn't keep good notes, sorry I can't pass the exact one on. I was successful at booting to the Mojave installer and installing MacOS. I'm still working on things now, but this can be done :) One note for the post-processing - one of the kexts mentioned in post 1 has changed names:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (formerly FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext)

I'm curious to know if anyone has Asus Zenbook UX305FA working with Mojave. If so, did you (vs. updating from an earlier MacOS) install it anew and use the BIOS settings mentioned in the first couple of posts on this thread?

I can get (RehabMan's fork of) Clover to boot, but the Mojave installer fails at various points as I change BIOS settings. I thought I might even try to install El Capitan (and later update) but I don't have the right version of an earlier MacOS install available to download the installer. Anyway, before I try again - anybody's success stories/notes for Mojave would be inspiring and potentially very helpful

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back