Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Hi guys.
First off awesome tutorial. :D Flawless and easy to follow.
I have my ASUS zenbook ux305fa running High Sierra to near perfection. Thanks!

One question. I use a generic 2.0 usb to Ethernet adapter. I’m used to getting 8-10 mbps from my ISP but using it on my hackingtosh has me at <10kbps. It works, but as you can imagine, it’s next to useless. Can I get a fix for this? Or do I have to submit to a Broadcom WiFi adapter.

If anyone is still out there, help :,(

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys.
First off awesome tutorial. :D Flawless and easy to follow.
I have my ASUS zenbook ux305fa running High Sierra to near perfection. Thanks!

One question. I use a generic 2.0 usb to Ethernet adapter. I’m used to getting 8-10 mbps from my ISP but using it on my hackingtosh has me at <10kbps. It works, but as you can imagine, it’s next to useless. Can I get a fix for this? Or do I have to submit to a Broadcom WiFi adapter.

If anyone is still out there, help :,(
USB WiFi not recommended. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead.

Thank you Sir!

Any suggestions as to which one (PCIe WiFi) would be optimal?

Also, can't seem to be able to edit touchpad settings / gestures from the system preferences. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Last edited:
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
EDIT: One/a couple of the BIOS settings beyond what the guide mentioned needed adjustment. I didn't keep good notes, sorry I can't pass the exact one on. I was successful at booting to the Mojave installer and installing MacOS. I'm still working on things now, but this can be done :) One note for the post-processing - one of the kexts mentioned in post 1 has changed names:
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (formerly FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext)

I'm curious to know if anyone has Asus Zenbook UX305FA working with Mojave. If so, did you (vs. updating from an earlier MacOS) install it anew and use the BIOS settings mentioned in the first couple of posts on this thread?

I can get (RehabMan's fork of) Clover to boot, but the Mojave installer fails at various points as I change BIOS settings. I thought I might even try to install El Capitan (and later update) but I don't have the right version of an earlier MacOS install available to download the installer. Anyway, before I try again - anybody's success stories/notes for Mojave would be inspiring and potentially very helpful

Last edited: