Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i wanted 2560x1440, i'd add 5120x2880 in switchresx but it errors out, i perform the same thing on my desktop with a 4k screen and the resolution pops up fine
used the above method to add the resolutions, no dice either. the normal resolutions worked though i.e. adding 2304x1296

I think there is a very limited set of machines that can render above 4k. The iMac 5K is the only one that comes to mind, and that has discrete video.

I have a 2560x1440 13" screen, so I need some kind of scaling. Retina renders stuff at double rez. I am not willing to run at 1280x720 logical (2560x1440 double res), because I need more screen real estate. Because of the 4096-pixel limit, the highest Retina resolution I can use with this i5-5200U is 2048x1152. Normally I use 1920x1080.

On the other hand, on my laptop, games strongly prefer 1920x1080 *unscaled*, that is, scaled by the display rather than the GPU.

I've had this working beautifully for months - WiFi (using bcm94352z), sound, iMessage, HWMonitor, sleep, just about everything.

Then I carelessly updated to 10.11.6 via the AppStore and now I'm stuck in a boot loop from the "row of pluses".

Unfortunately I had deleted the recovery partition, but by booting from a USB-drive Hackintosh El Capitan installer, I've been able to try:
Help - any thoughts anyone? ZIP of EFI/Clover attached...

As a last resort, can I copy the whole installation from my working machine, preferably without trashing the user data & settings on the broken one?

Dan

Attachments

• EFI_CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
I've had this working beautifully for months - WiFi (using bcm94352z), sound, iMessage, HWMonitor, sleep, just about everything.

Then I carelessly updated to 10.11.6 via the AppStore and now I'm stuck in a boot loop from the "row of pluses".

Unfortunately I had deleted the recovery partition, but by booting from a USB-drive Hackintosh El Capitan installer, I've been able to try:
Help - any thoughts anyone? ZIP of EFI/Clover attached...

As a last resort, can I copy the whole installation from my working machine, preferably without trashing the user data & settings on the broken one?

Dan
Why are you using as macbook air if as macbook this asus runs perfect?

Why are you using as macbook air if as macbook this asus runs perfect?
Probably following the guide in the OP:
"This guide does not cover the subject, but a good choice for ProductName is MacBookAir7,2."

All I got out of the MacBook board-id back when I tried it was trouble, because of things like the frequency vectors--the machine is highly tuned for power and thermal management. MacBookAir7,2 is a more conventional machine.

You could be right. I am reluctant to mess with SMBIOS on my UX305 now, since everything is working, and changing it will break iMessage etc for me.

Probably following the guide in the OP:
"This guide does not cover the subject, but a good choice for ProductName is MacBookAir7,2."

All I got out of the MacBook board-id back when I tried it was trouble, because of things like the frequency vectors--the machine is highly tuned for power and thermal management. MacBookAir7,2 is a more conventional machine.

You could be right. I am reluctant to mess with SMBIOS on my UX305 now, since everything is working, and changing it will break iMessage etc for me.

Believe me! As MacBook8,1 this Asus works perfect. For PowerManagement I use a DummyKext. AppleHDA vanilla with AppleALC.kext.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-08-29 a la(s) 9.51.03 a.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-08-29 a la(s) 9.51.03 a.m..png
    520.9 KB · Views: 133
  • UX305FA.png
    UX305FA.png
    817.5 KB · Views: 170
Thanks so much. Updating Clover has enabled me to boot - now to figure out what else is broken...

Believe me! As MacBook8,1 this Asus works perfect. For PowerManagement I use a DummyKext. AppleHDA vanilla with AppleALC.kext.

Hello, I do not understand under ElCapitan I have everything that works as I spend on Sierra, I can not get anything, could you give me some indication to move forward
is that just changing the config.plist with MacBook8.1, is it enough to correct the problem?

After doing this:
"On the target machine, you can run sudo ./install_downloads.sh in this UX305FA-DSDT-Patch directory to set up kexts" ans Reboot my trackpad and keyboard stopped working. How can I fix this issue? In the recovery mode everything works well.

After doing this:
"On the target machine, you can run sudo ./install_downloads.sh in this UX305FA-DSDT-Patch directory to set up kexts" ans Reboot my trackpad and keyboard stopped working. How can I fix this issue? In the recovery mode everything works well.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back