Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to follow this guide and install Sierra but have some issues to sort out.

1. Touch Pad not usable. I used ApplePS2SmartTouchPad v4.4 which worked fine during installation. But it behaves in random manner after install. Cursor movement is laggy, random clicks. tap click does not work. Need to press down to register clicks. No two finger right click. So I used the latest VoodooPS2Controller which works fine but no two finger right click. No multi touch etc.

2. I used AsusNBFKeys v2.4 to get the function keys working. But it does not work. Can't increase or decrease screen brightness, volume etc.

3. CPU power management. Not sure if this works as I got warning message during compilation of ssdtPRGen.sh. It complained about CPU mismatch. It did build SSDT.aml which I put into EFI partition's EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.
How can I test this.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I managed to get most things working in sierra including the touchpad by using ApplePS2SmartTouchPad v4.7 beta 5.
However i could not get the function buttons working along with ALS. So i gave up on Sierra and installed El Capitan by following this guide. Everything works flawlessly including Function keys, ALS, Sleep, Wifi using Tp-link dongle. Just like a real mac. I am a happy camper.

Thanks RehabMan for your help. Will give Sierra another try if the above issues can be solved.

Could you be kind enough to share what files and patches you done to make your laptop work. I have the same hardware that i am trying to sort out.

I have updated the profile again as per faq.
I use clover boot UEFI mode. Just put the attached folder in EFI/CLOVER/.
If there is an OEM folder, replace it.

Attachments

• OEM.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 163
anyone doing anything special to update from 10.11.4 to 10.11.6? tried loading up the combo update, installed without a hitch and now won't boot into the os :( currently restoring from a backup

edit; nevermind the mac pixel clock patch fixed it, battery doesn't detect anymore though :(

edit2; nevermind again, forgot to copy back the .aml files when i wiped the efi partition ;)

Last edited:
seem to be having some trouble using my ssdt.aml properly, turbo boost seems to top out at around 2.6ghz whereas the 5y71's supposed to top out at 2.9ghz
whenever i generate one with the ssdtprgen.sh and try to use it i just seem to get a kernel panic?

any tips to start troubleshooting this?

anyone out there with the qhd display able to get any hidpi resolutions above 1600x900?

yep appears i can add stuff via that or switchresx, can't seem to get hidpi resolutions higher than 1600x900 though
i.e. if i wanted 2560x1440, i'd add 5120x2880 in switchresx but it errors out, i perform the same thing on my desktop with a 4k screen and the resolution pops up fine
used the above method to add the resolutions, no dice either. the normal resolutions worked though i.e. adding 2304x1296

not sure whether this is a display adapter problem or not
another thing i noticed is when i option+click the scaled option in the display properties it doesn't switch to the resolution list like my desktop does

yep appears i can add stuff via that or switchresx, can't seem to get hidpi resolutions higher than 1600x900 though
i.e. if i wanted 2560x1440, i'd add 5120x2880 in switchresx but it errors out, i perform the same thing on my desktop with a 4k screen and the resolution pops up fine
used the above method to add the resolutions, no dice either. the normal resolutions worked though i.e. adding 2304x1296

not sure whether this is a display adapter problem or not
another thing i noticed is when i option+click the scaled option in the display properties it doesn't switch to the resolution list like my desktop does

You would need to provide typical "Problem Reporting" files + the plist you're using.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

And your profile needs to be filled out as per FAQ (it is missing screen resolution).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back