Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

First thing, thanks a lot for all this work you are doing ! You manage to make it accessible to newbies like me ;)

So, I managed to follow your great guide till the end, and i can say that everything is running pretty well on my ASUS ZENBOOK
UX305F (I used clover and Elcapitan, and even changed the wifi component for the Dell one you suggested)...

EXCEPT USB :(

Only 2 out of 3 ports are running well, and i loose those USB+bluetooth after a few sleep/wake changes.
That's quite a problem since I hate using touchpad : I need to restart the whole machine to get it back working...

Any idea or suggestion on what might be the problem ?
(I used the whole process you described)

Thanks for your help !

USB guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also read FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

gfoury

Just did a clean install of 10.2.2 seemed like the thing to do, a fresh start for the "New Year". Auto script worked very nicely!

jhawk

Quick P.S. The above interaction was noted by myself on AsusNBFnKeys a millennium ago.

Can you please confirm what script you used to install Sierra. I am trying to install Sierra on my UX305FA 1080p. I am currently using the El-Capitan script listed on this thread but have problems with trackpad.

Ok. Done! Now My Asus UX305FA is working perfect under Sierra as MacBook8,1.
Thank you Mr. RehabMan.

Could you be kind enough to share what files and patches you done to make your laptop work. I have the same hardware that i am trying to sort out.

I have updated the profile again as per faq.

Could you be kind enough to share what files and patches you done to make your laptop work. I have the same hardware that i am trying to sort out.

I have updated the profile again as per faq.

Your starting point is post #1.

I have managed to follow this guide and install Sierra but have some issues to sort out.

1. Touch Pad not usable. I used ApplePS2SmartTouchPad v4.4 which worked fine during installation. But it behaves in random manner after install. Cursor movement is laggy, random clicks. tap click does not work. Need to press down to register clicks. No two finger right click. So I used the latest VoodooPS2Controller which works fine but no two finger right click. No multi touch etc.

2. I used AsusNBFKeys v2.4 to get the function keys working. But it does not work. Can't increase or decrease screen brightness, volume etc.

3. CPU power management. Not sure if this works as I got warning message during compilation of ssdtPRGen.sh. It complained about CPU mismatch. It did build SSDT.aml which I put into EFI partition's EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched directory.
How can I test this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back