Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply.
I was already using the beta branch, i got it working by specifying the processor with argument -p 5Y10 and it generated the script, i copied the file to the EFI partition, rebooted and it works. But I don't know if this method is less efficient or what

Thanks for the reply.
I was already using the beta branch, i got it working by specifying the processor with argument -p 5Y10 and it generated the script, i copied the file to the EFI partition, rebooted and it works. But I don't know if this method is less efficient or what

If you think the CPU identifier is wrong in the script, you should report a bug.

Thanks for the reply.
How does it works? If you need help fell free to ask me.
Just execute these commands in terminal:
Code:
curl -o ~/ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh
sudo ./ssdtPRGen.sh

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what i get when i input those commands.View media item 187667
Thanks for the reply.

Looks like a bug in the script or something strange with your setup...
You can set the CPU name manually with the -p option.

note names in the file:
Code:
#
# 5th generation Intel® Core™ M Processors
#
M-5Y71,4.5,500,1200,2900,2,4
M-5Y70,4.5,500,1100,2600,2,4
M-5Y51,4.5,500,1100,2600,2,4
M-5Y31,4.5,500,900,2400,2,4
M-5Y10c,4.5,500,800,2000,2,4
M-5Y10a,4.5,500,800,2000,2,4
M-5Y10,4.5,500,800,2000,2,4

Yes that's what I did with " -p M-5Y10" and it generated the file, I have not encountered any issues since

You should verify by looking at ioreg. Also try a different USB3 device, different SMBIOS, different port.
It was definitely an SMBIOS problem (MacBook 8,1) changing to MacBookAir 6,2 it works.
Do you know what is the surprise (for me at least)? That with MacBook 8,1 the HD ext works on Sierra!

Regarding macOS Sierra 10.12.

I have successful update ElCap using your guide here for direct update to Sierra using Clover, but I needed to change smbios from MacBook 8,1 to MacBookAir 6,2 to install it properly (in fact without it, it reboot after reaching the installer).

Now I see some things I have read here: touchpad preference don't exist, but I replace it with the one of ElCapitan thanks to a link find here on tonymac by ben9923. After that I even change SmartTouchpad.kext with the last version 4.6.5. Now scroll works well but two-finger touch to simulate dx click works only in Dock (I think this will solve in the next version).

Only one doubt: why in "About this Mac" it shows me "800 MHz Intel Core i5". Why not "800 MHz Intel Core m"?

Schermata_2016_10_18_alle_12_58_46.png

Last edited:
Hi there! First of all, this is my second experience with hackintosh. I already did a desktop pc with El Capitan. Now I would try with a laptop for the first time.
I found interesting the asus UX305UA-FB004T with an qhd+ monitor, i7 6500u, Intel HD 520 graphics.

Actually:
- is it possible to do a clean install of El Capitan without many issues?
- does the trackpad works now?
- in your opinion, will the qhd monito support by El Capitan?
- about this specific model, do you think webcam and Bluetooth are supported by El Capitan?
Think You... I don't want buy an original MacBook. W Hackintosh!it sucks!!!

hello, i have made the update from El Capitan to Sierra? since i have made this update my wifi card (DW1560 WiFi) is not recognized, and the sound no longer works.:banghead:
thank's for your help

Last edited:
hello, i have made the update from El Capitan to Sierra? since i have made this update my wifi card (DW1560 WiFi) is not recognized, and the sound no longer works.:banghead:
thank's for your help

Attached is my dummyHda which should persist fine through updates, and my clover config which includes the additional patches required for Wireless

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back