Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved to guides subforum.
VoodooHDA

The VoodooHDA installer is available in downloads/pkgs/.
The directory voodohda-fix contains a patch for headphone detaction. See voodoohda-fix/readme.txt.
Mic switching is unsupported.

I ran the command(cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA/Contents) in terminal as per read.txt, it says "no such file or directory". I have installed Voodoo 2.8.8 package but there is no such folders called "VoodooHDA/contents/" under S/L/E. Anyone can help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

I ran the command(cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA/Contents) in terminal as per read.txt, it says "no such file or directory". I have installed Voodoo 2.8.8 package but there is no such folders called "VoodooHDA/contents/" under S/L/E. Anyone can help me with this?

Many thanks in advance.

Your mistake is obvious:

Should be 'cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents'

Your mistake is obvious:

Should be 'cd /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext/Contents'
Awesome!!! Thank you so much as always!!!!

Hi Guys. Proudly running El Capitan 10.11.6 here on my white UX305FA (5Y10, 8G, 128G, 1080p). I'm loving it so far, I just couldn't stand windows. I have followed the advice here and various other forums and have a few issues, I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction?

What's Working:
Display Driver (but display output seriously corrupt if I try to boot 1080p, pic attached)
Sound (Internal Speakers and Headphones but requires manual change of output device)
Bundled ASUS Ethernet Adaptor
FnKeys (but backlight doesn't change and no brightness slider)

What's Not Working:
Native Wi-Fi (I've ordered a half-size BCM94322HM8L card, no concerns here)
Battery Percentage (It knows if it's on battery or power, but is always at 0%)
Backlight Modification (Always stuck at about 50% brightness, boots at full brightness then dips just before login screen)

I'll be honest, I'm not expecting everything to work perfectly, as a software dev I'm damn impressed with how far these projects have come along and can only thank you guys for the efforts made that allow me to do this. I'd be lost without OS X and had to sell my MacBook Pro 15" to pay bills.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the backlight working properly and perhaps fix the battery percentages?

I've attached all my info, and willing to donate a little to anyone on PayPal for your help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 110
  • Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 09.14.28.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 09.14.28.png
    59 KB · Views: 159
  • 1080p Issue.JPG
    1080p Issue.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 145
but display output seriously corrupt if I try to boot 1080p, pic attached)

Enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.

What's Not Working:
Battery Percentage (It knows if it's on battery or power, but is always at 0%)
Backlight Modification (Always stuck at about 50% brightness, boots at full brightness then dips just before login screen)

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Thanks for your response.

Enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS.

Enabling this did resolve the display issue, I have noticed however (after testing games and running FurMark) that whilst IA goes from 800Mhz to 1.93-2.00GHz consistently, the graphics core remains at 300MHz indefinitely. I tried to patch to replace GFX0 to the IGPU in the DSDT but this has no worked for me. I imagine there is no way for me to set the clock at 0.8GHz manually?

In the attached zip folder you will find the relevant files requested. Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• All Stuff.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 136
Enabling this did resolve the display issue, I have noticed however (after testing games and running FurMark) that whilst IA goes from 800Mhz to 1.93-2.00GHz consistently, the graphics core remains at 300MHz indefinitely. I tried to patch to replace GFX0 to the IGPU in the DSDT but this has no worked for me. I imagine there is no way for me to set the clock at 0.8GHz manually?

Power management is not implemented correctly.
See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

In the attached zip folder you will find the relevant files requested. Thank you for your help.

You did not follow the guide in post #1. This guide uses ACPI hotpatch, so only the add-on SSDTs should be present (DSDT.aml and the other extracted SSDTs should not be in ACPI/patched).

Also your config.plist is not per guide.

Read post #1. Carefully.

You did not follow the guide in post #1. This guide uses ACPI hotpatch, so only the add-on SSDTs should be present (DSDT.aml and the other extracted SSDTs should not be in ACPI/patched).

Sorry, I had run the script to generate the power magement patch but renamed it to ssdt-pwr, I've run the script again and put the file into my patched folder without renaming along with only the compiled SSDTs recommended in post #1 and now my IA frequency varies substantially whilst running (see the picture). But reducing the AML files to only those recommended by this guide has not fixed the issues I was experiencing.

I am using the plist recommended by the guide (your one 'config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist'), but this again didn't fix the the graphics core :( I don't know if I'm doing something stupid (likely) but I just can't see it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 16.08.25.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 16.08.25.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 195
Sorry, I had run the script to generate the power magement patch but renamed it to ssdt-pwr, I've run the script again and put the file into my patched folder without renaming along with only the compiled SSDTs recommended in post #1 and now my IA frequency varies substantially whilst running (see the picture). But reducing the AML files to only those recommended by this guide has not fixed the issues I was experiencing.

I am using the plist recommended by the guide (your one 'config_HD5300_5500_5600_6000.plist'), but this again didn't fix the the graphics core :( I don't know if I'm doing something stupid (likely) but I just can't see it.

For final installation you must use a different config.plist than what you used for installing.

Read post #1. Carefully.

Hello,
I installed successfully OS X in my UX305FA-FC061T but I have some "problems":
- I don't see the option for activate ALS
EDIT: Ok, it works but i don't like how it works
- Resolution best is at 1600x900 but icons and text are not in hd
EDIT: I was able to activate Hidpi but the system has now some lags
- I can't make cpu power management. When I run ssdtPRGen.sh i receive "Error: Unknown processor model ..." why?
My system have the Intel Core M5y10 @ 0,8Ghz, but in the error it said:
Brandstring: "Intel(R) Processor 5Y10 CPU @ 0.80GHz"
ea62ea18-68e1-11e6-8fd1-ea984386343e.png

Why it's not recognized well? What can I do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back