Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else getting an error about usb devices needing power? i've got a usb key which I'd used to install el capitan with but it just won't function in the os itself strangely enough
other devices, including external hard disks, function okay though i don't think they're functioning at usb3 speeds

Screen Shot 2016-03-25 at 11.42.42 PM.png

anyone else getting an error about usb devices needing power? i've got a usb key which I'd used to install el capitan with but it just won't function in the os itself strangely enough
other devices, including external hard disks, function okay though i don't think they're functioning at usb3 speeds

View attachment 182507

Did you patch DSDT correctly?
(injecting power properties).

Did you configure USB ports correctly?
(USBInjectAll + custom configuration with correct UsbConnector for each port)

What are your USB settings in BIOS?

I'm only injecting USB properties for XHC (the others are commented out), so if your devices are ending up on EHC1, I don't know what will happen--possibly the kind of complaint you're getting.

RehabMan: I guess I need to do custom UsbConnectors at some point, just to get rid of the empty ports. Goes on the issue list...

View attachment 182507

Attach your config.plist and I'll give you something to try.

RehabMan: I guess I need to do custom UsbConnectors at some point, just to get rid of the empty ports. Goes on the issue list...

15 minute task...

RehabMan said:
Did you patch DSDT correctly?
(injecting power properties).

Did you configure USB ports correctly?
(USBInjectAll + custom configuration with correct UsbConnector for each port)
not yet, slowly digesting your el capitan usb thread and will take it up sooner or later
strangely enough after more testing it seems to be functioning at usb3 speeds, just specific devices give the popup

gfoury said:
What are your USB settings in BIOS?

I'm only injecting USB properties for XHC (the others are commented out), so if your devices are ending up on EHC1, I don't know what will happen--possibly the kind of complaint you're getting.
all 3 options enabled
setting it to smart auto or just enabled didn't make a difference
setting the legacy support to auto made usb2 devices throw the same error though, setting it to enabled seemed to fix this problem

anerik70 said:
Attach your config.plist and I'll give you something to try.
attached!

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 223

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 106
so far so good anerik :) no more usb errors with any of my devices so far

care to share what changes were made for future reference?

so far so good anerik :) no more usb errors with any of my devices so far

care to share what changes were made for future reference?

Only a character change in your config.plist/SMBIOS section. Look and tell me what was it

smbios from MacBook8,1 to 8,n? was the first thing i noticed but i wasn't sure whether it was the only thing :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back