Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've added a section about hotpatching to the guide. Hotpatching is a bit different than "traditional" DSDT patching, and I need to clarify how it should work.

Arguably, the section on hotpatching should be down in the "target" section, but people transitioning from other guides didn't have the info they needed to make sense of what was going on.

Which do you suggest: the hybrid HDA or the solo AppleHDA with ADummyHDA?

I have an Asus Zenbook UX303L model with Conexant CX20751/2 and QHD display (3200X1800). I have been trying audio issue for four months. Finally All Audio features work perfectly on 10.11.3.

I used a hybrid model. DSDT + Clover Config + VoodooHDA.kext + Stock AppleHDA.kext + HDAEnabler3.kext + DummyHDA.kext.

Result : The following features work properly.
  • Speaker and Headphones with auto-switching
  • Internal and External microphone
  • HDMI audio and display

Thanks to McShmoopy's posts.

Youre very welcome!

I added your info to post #1. (I have an earlier version version on GitHub still. Keeping these in sync is a pain...)

I think our config.plist files do the same things for audio. I'll check when I get my UX305 back. The user doesn't like it when I reboot it remotely. :)

Is there any chance you can reply to this with a zip file of your solo AppleHDA with the HDMI patch, and the ADummyHDA that it requires?

I tried (seperately) with the links from http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...hda-jack-sense-auto-switching-hdmi-audio.html post #6 and with a few others. Now, my system report from "about this mac" doesn't show any audio devices connected. Before trying to fix the HDMI audio issue at all, I had 3: headphone jack, internal speakers, and HDMI. The headphone jack and the speakers worked, and now none exist. How do I get them back?

Here are the ioregs to compare, if they'll help answer my issues (and any others which may need to be addressed). RehabMan suggested I install AppleIntelInfo.kext, but when I tried that I got a kernel panic, so I'll try that again later.
You aren't on correct Board-id. Board-id for MacBook8,1 has to be Mac-BE0E8AC46FE800CC.

See how piker help to me to fixed it.
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/198#issuecomment-188816582

You should have some like this

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2016-02-27 a las 7.58.40 p.m..jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2016-02-27 a las 7.58.40 p.m..jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 8d37cc56-dac9-11e5-86c3-1d28bffa840d.png
    8d37cc56-dac9-11e5-86c3-1d28bffa840d.png
    883.2 KB · Views: 252
Is it just me or is the latest FakeSMC download corrupt or something? It just opens up to zip after zip... older versions are fine

Is it just me or is the latest FakeSMC download corrupt or something? It just opens up to zip after zip... older versions are fine

There is something wrong with BitBucket right now, I think. The directory listing says it is 2.3M, but I just tried downloading it, and I got a zero-byte file.

I've attached the last copy I downloaded, if you need it right now.

There is something wrong with BitBucket right now, I think. The directory listing says it is 2.3M, but I just tried downloading it, and I got a zero-byte file.

I've attached the last copy I downloaded, if you need it right now.

Definitely a bitbucket problem... It was working, now not.

I deleted the file and uploaded again and that seemed to fix the problem with that file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back