Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan

Before I wipe this thing "Is their a known problem with DW1560 on Sierra"?
Bluetooth works great but can't fire up Wifi "No Hardware Installed"

Thanks
jHawk Crazy spell checker likes to kill jhawk to Hawk "I have a gun Mr Spell Check"

Attachments

• IOReg.zip
    587.6 KB · Views: 155
RehabMan

Before I wipe this thing "Is their a known problem with DW1560 on Sierra"?
Bluetooth works great but can't fire up Wifi "No Hardware Installed"

Thanks
jHawk Crazy spell checker likes to kill jhawk to Hawk "I have a gun Mr Spell Check"

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

RehabMan

Disregard above found patch by darkvoid for Clover config.plist:

darkvoid states " On macOS Sierra DP1, when using a BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card, AirportBrcm4360.kext no longer successfully loads.This problem is caused by the driver not being able to initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator). Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:"

The Patch by darkvoid:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

It is up and running on new 10.12.2 just updated prior to fix.
FYI: This patch has worked on 10.12 betas - 10.12.2 (I just tested 10.12.2 !)

Sierra 10.12 DW1560 Fix

jhawk

Last edited:
RehabMan

Disregard above found patch by darkvoid for Clover config.plist:

darkvoid states " On macOS Sierra DP1, when using a BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card, AirportBrcm4360.kext no longer successfully loads.This problem is caused by the driver not being able to initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator). Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:"

The Patch by darkvoid:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

It is up and running on new 10.12.2 just updated prior to fix.
FYI: This patch has worked on 10.12 betas - 10.12.2 (I just tested 10.12.2 !)

Sierra 10.12 DW1560 Fix

jhawk

Yes... already documented in the pinned 10.12 thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

gfoury

Just did a clean install of 10.2.2 seemed like the thing to do, a fresh start for the "New Year". Auto script worked very nicely!
One observation however, "IntelBacklight.kext" fights with "AsusNBFnKeys.kext" resulting in a slow an buggy "ALS" once removed "ALS" performance improves and screen is brighter with quick response "this can be a pain on broken low overcast days" just remember to turn it off on those occasions "Function A". Happy Holidays to one and all.

jhawk

Quick P.S. The above interaction was noted by myself on AsusNBFnKeys a millennium ago.

gfoury

Just did a clean install of 10.2.2 seemed like the thing to do, a fresh start for the "New Year". Auto script worked very nicely!
One observation however, "IntelBacklight.kext" fights with "AsusNBFnKeys.kext" resulting in a slow an buggy "ALS" once removed "ALS" performance improves and screen is brighter with quick response "this can be a pain on broken low overcast days" just remember to turn it off on those occasions "Function A". Happy Holidays to one and all.

jhawk

Quick P.S. The above interaction was noted by myself on AsusNBFnKeys a millennium ago.

AsusNBFnKeys not needed.

So I attempted to use this guide for my UX305UA since they are very alike in most respects, but I was unable to get the dsdt's to work and installing them resulted in a complete crash of my os. I was also unable to get my keyboard or trackpad working. The trackpad did not work due to it being I2C, but I still do not know why the keyboard did not work. I installed all of the correct kexts, but the keyboard still did not work. If anybody can help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

So I attempted to use this guide for my UX305UA since they are very alike in most respects, but I was unable to get the dsdt's to work and installing them resulted in a complete crash of my os. I was also unable to get my keyboard or trackpad working. The trackpad did not work due to it being I2C, but I still do not know why the keyboard did not work. I installed all of the correct kexts, but the keyboard still did not work. If anybody can help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Off-topic. Post #1 guide is for a Broadwell ASUS laptop. Your laptop is not Broadwell, but instead Skylake.
This guide does not apply to your laptop.

First, thanks for this great guide which save me a loOot of time!

I didn't see TRIM activation, is it normal?

I'm waiting for DW1560 and will configure SMBIOS. What is the best choice regarding this guide "MacBook Air 7,2" or "MacBook 8,1" (my cpu is m5y10)

Again, Thanks to the community!!

Hi everybody
I have installed MacOS Sierra on my ASUS UX305FA. All is perfectly works. But!
I have purchased Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3600.

Mouse + Windows 10 - works
Mouse + other MacBooks - works
Android phone + hackintosh on my laptop - works
Bluetooth headphones + hackintosh - works
Mouse + hackintosh - doesn't works!
Other mouse with USB connector works too.

Resetting bluetooth, deleting .plist files doesn't helps.
At first mouse in connecting, but after a few seconds is not connected (screenshot) and that's all.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 14.36.22.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-17 at 14.36.22.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back