Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ZenBook UX303LA (Broadwell Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a bit of a mess.
Suggest you start over:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your posts in this thread are off-topic. This guide is for a Broadwell laptop. Yours is Haswell.

upsss maybe i did not see this "broadwell" ...so a "bit of mess" leeds to start from scratch that was already a lot of work to get it started and running ..dont know if i can invest another week for the next attemp ..so the instructions for the zenbook with broadwell is so different and it is better to start new with the "global laptop" approach ??

so the instructions for the zenbook with broadwell is so different and it is better to start new with the "global laptop" approach ??

Yes.
The fact that you're using graphics settings for Broadwell when you actually have Haswell hardware is the reason why your graphics are not working.
Laptop specific guides, are, well, laptop specific.

does this guide work for anything higher than El Capitan as well?
Planning to install High Sierra, or is there something different I have to regard?

hm I guess I stay with El Capitan then.
Can I do the preperations on a Mac with High Sierra or does it have to be El Capitan as well?

I successfully installed it and first boot went well. So i created the additional SSDT.aml, installed Clover, copied files over but now it won't boot properly anymore. No matter if I use Clover from hard disk or from USB it only shows the Recovery HD and if i boot "macOS from Recovery HD" i get constant "ERROR LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol->SmcReadValue failed for key 'DABB'" followed by the same Error Msg with key 'nISB'. Login screen is extremly laggy and i can't login. Any help? :(

EDIT: might FileVault 2 be the problem that I can't find the proper "Macintosh HD"?

Booting High Sierra with FileVault 2, I have the exact same "ERROR LWSmcUINT8ForKey smcProtocol->SmcReadValue failed for key 'DABB'", and then the same with nISB.
I doesn't prevent the system to boot. It's just not nice to see.
Did you find a fix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back