Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works! Pityke :clap:
Even the problem with usb has been fixed! I will only add a couple of things to your instructions: it is necessary boot clover with the argument -lilubetaall (if it doesn´t start when updating to catalina) and copy the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext file to the clover kexts folder, so that recognized the bluetooth, although I haven't managed to connect my bluetooth mouse, it only detects it.

Any news about the asus backlight keyboard? it doesn´t work in catalina...

Thank you very much :)

Glad to hear that! :)

I did not have to use -lilubetaall, I'm not sure why you had to use it. You might be right about the bluetooth because recently I tried to send a picture via airdrop and it did not work. I'm not using BT so I thought that the kext itself fixed everything. I'll take a look at it later but nowadays I'm quite busy.

If you have problems with the keyboard backlights, I would try to update the BIOS. Mine was old and because of that the original DSDT structure was messy and it caused problems. Try to update to the latest BIOS revision, then extract your DSDT again with Clover F4. I have no better idea...

Updated to newest Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88). Also updated to newest clover and updated kexts (download.sh and install_downloads.sh, BRCM RAM2 Patch deleted, and RAM3 installed manually), and everything is working properly.

baohiep: Were you able to get rid of the banding issue on your ? I tried skylake spoofing with every device-id and it solved the banding but I always ended up with 7MB VRAM. Somebody (maybe acidanthera) mentioned that since WhateverGreen 1.3.1 there is a new boot arg "igfxfcmsfbs" which should solve this but it did not help. I tried to boot with igfxfcmsfbs=-1 and igfxfcmsfbs=0x010203 but nothing happened.

Basically that's my only issue and I'm not 100% happy with my battery time, but other than that everything is working smoothly.

Hi! First of all thanks for your guide!

I have an Asus Vivobook S510 Laptop:

System Info (collected with CPU-Z):

MainBoard AsusTek Computer Ink:
- Model: X510UF 1.0
- Chipset: Intel Kaby Lake rev. 08
- Southbridge: Intel Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH rev. 21
- Bios version: .303

CPU Intel Core I5 [email protected]:
- Code-Name: Kaby Lake-U/Y

Memory: 8GB RAM DDR4

Storage: M.2 256GB (with windows) + Samsung EVO 850 256GB (I want to use this SSD)

Graphics Intel UHD Graphics 620 + Nvidia GeForce MX130

If debug with gen_debug is required also in this case I will provide to you.

I have used your guide to install macOS Catalina (I tested also Mojave and works) and everything is ok (trackpad, audio, usb, integrated graphics ecc...).
So I think you could add this model to the list. The only problem (I think because I'm newbie) is that there is a relevant battery drain. Doing nothing the percentage decrease from 100% to 88% in 1h and the battery is a little bit warm. Maybe I have miss something. How could I fix?

Thanks. :)

Hi everyone,

I've been running into an issue that I can’t resolve. When I reach the installer the apple logo remains like a ghost image and mouse clicks don’t work. I’ve been at it for a week and only once did I boot into the installer without the logo overlay, finally managing to install Catalina. However when I boot into Catalina now the logo is always there.
Just to clarify, the problem isn’t the ghost logo, it’s that when the logo is there the mouse and trackpad will move around but clicks don’t register. I know that they work because when the logo didn’t appear they worked properly. Audio, Fn keys, most things seem to work ok.

Asus UX410UAR - i7 8550U. UHD620. 1920x1080p. Mobo is Asustek UX410UAR - Rev:7. Chipset:Kaby Lake. Southbridge:Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH. Bios version 310.

I’ll have to return the laptop if I don’t fix it, which sucks because it’s got great specs. Any ideas? Could it be because the chipset is Kaby Lake and the Southbridge is Coffe Lake?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Install with ghost logo.jpg
    Install with ghost logo.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 232
  • Login with ghost logo.jpg
    Login with ghost logo.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 236
  • About this mac.jpg
    About this mac.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 256
  • UHD620 Graphics.jpg
    UHD620 Graphics.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 269
Hi everyone,

I've been running into an issue that I can’t resolve. When I reach the installer the apple logo remains like a ghost image and mouse clicks don’t work. I’ve been at it for a week and only once did I boot into the installer without the logo overlay, finally managing to install Catalina. However when I boot into Catalina now the logo is always there.
Just to clarify, the problem isn’t the ghost logo, it’s that when the logo is there the mouse and trackpad will move around but clicks don’t register. I know that they work because when the logo didn’t appear they worked properly. Audio, Fn keys, most things seem to work ok.

Asus UX410UAR - i7 8550U. UHD620. 1920x1080p. Mobo is Asustek UX410UAR - Rev:7. Chipset:Kaby Lake. Southbridge:Coffee Lake-U/Y PCH. Bios version 310.

I’ll have to return the laptop if I don’t fix it, which sucks because it’s got great specs. Any ideas? Could it be because the chipset is Kaby Lake and the Southbridge is Coffe Lake?

Thanks.
try put VoodooTSCSync.kext to EFI and reboot laptop

try put VoodooTSCSync.kext to EFI and reboot laptop

Thanks for the advice. I returned the laptop because I couldn't find any info on this issue and I was worried there might be some underlying defect. I'll keep your advice in mind if I ever run into it again.

Thanks for the advice. I returned the laptop because I couldn't find any info on this issue and I was worried there might be some underlying defect. I'll keep your advice in mind if I ever run into it again.
oh boy, what a bummer - I contributed this fix a long time ago and it was supposed to be added to the repo..

oh boy, what a bummer - I contributed this fix a long time ago and it was supposed to be added to the repo..
It's ok, thanks for answering. At least I'll know what to do if I run into it again. I'm trying a different laptop, but if I can't get it done I might give the Asus another go now that I know the solution.

Why I can't see my USB drive on clover boot? only see ntfs drive.. thanks for answer
Clover 5071, using config from here.
any option in config to make drive visible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back