Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here. Trying to install Mojave on my ux410uq and stuck for 2 days, cannot get it boot. What do I missing?
any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.CLOVER.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_20190531_011126523.jpg
    IMG_20190531_011126523.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 154
Has anybody managed to get the headphone jack to work on a ux430uar with High Sierra ?
speakers and external mic works fine currently but plugging in a headphone in the jack gives me nothing.

Hello,

At first, I would like to thank you for your work! I spent 2 days with the trackpad, then I applied your UX410 config on my UX510UX (UX510UXK mothetboard with Kaby Lake, UX510UX MB is Skylake) and almost everything is working perfectly.

I had to modify the layout-id to 13 because the UX510 uses ALC256 and it fixed the sound.
Yesterday I also replaced the battery kext to Rehabman’s version which fixed the cycle count problem. (I’ll post a picture later.)

Few things are not working (ALS, Card Reader, etc.), I posted a thread about it. I can confirm that the UX410 config is about 98% compatible with the UX510UX. If you want to add it to the compatibility list, I uploaded everything to that thread. I’ll try to solve the remaining things but at the moment I’m out of ideas.

Update:
I "fixed" the ALS problem. For details, see the linked thread.

Last edited:
My WiFi card is not being listed under Sysprofiler -> PCI, although it is working after i taped Pin 54 and 56 (using a DW1820A)
Anybody have any clue on how i can make it appear under the Sysprofiler -> PCI ?

Following this guide I have been able to update my ASUS ZenBook UX430UA from mojave to Catalina, but now some things do not work, after this. The startup and shutdown now are slower, the Wi-Fi takes a few minutes to work now, and doesn´t work the keyboard lights, the bluetooth and all the usb ports.

Can you update and fix it?
Thank you.

Last edited:
You need to install RAM3 based kexts for the BCM and it should solve everything except the KB backlight and the USB problem. At least, according to this. USB might require injection. Since everything worked perfectly on baohiep's machine he did not include the USB port fixes. They are also missing from my config but everything is working perfectly. Try Rehabman's guide for the USB. Keyboard backlight is the most problematic part, before I applied baohiep's patches, I was unable to make it work properly. Make sure that you are using the latest BIOS. I'll share my experiences after I update to Catalina.

Updated to Catalina with following process:
  1. download.sh then install_downloads.sh
  2. Update clover to latest revision
  3. Rebuild KextCache + Repair permissions just to make sure
  4. Update to Catalina
  5. System booted perfectly, but TP and a few thing did not work but it's normal.
  6. Rebuild KextCache + Repair permissions then reboot
  7. System boot was slow, WiFi started working after 3-5 minutes (common issue with Catalina)
  8. Delete BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from L/E/
  9. Install new BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. Downloaded from here
  10. Rebuild KextCache + Repair permissions then reboot
  11. Enjoy the 100% functionality

For me after different tries, I still have sometimes wake from hibernation crash. But crashes are funny cause firefox or other programs tart to be laggy and then after more than a minute KP. Most of the time crashy return from hibernation indicate Bluetooth unavailable then KP comes a little bit later.

Anyone noticed that behavior?

By the way UX410UA-GV351R i5 8250

Updated to Catalina with following process:
  1. download.sh then install_downloads.sh
  2. Update clover to latest revision
  3. Rebuild KextCache + Repair permissions just to make sure
  4. Update to Catalina
  5. System booted perfectly, but TP and a few thing did not work but it's normal.
  6. Rebuild KextCache + Repair permissions then reboot
  7. System boot was slow, WiFi started working after 3-5 minutes (common issue with Catalina)
  8. Delete BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext from L/E/
  9. Install new BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. Downloaded from here
  10. Rebuild KextCache + Repair permissions then reboot
  11. Enjoy the 100% functionality
It works! Pityke :clap:
Even the problem with usb has been fixed! I will only add a couple of things to your instructions: it is necessary boot clover with the argument -lilubetaall (if it doesn´t start when updating to catalina) and copy the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext file to the clover kexts folder, so that recognized the bluetooth, although I haven't managed to connect my bluetooth mouse, it only detects it.

Any news about the asus backlight keyboard? it doesn´t work in catalina...

Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
img-elegant.jpg

This guide will provide you basic instruction to install macOS High Sierra/Mojave on your Asus Zenbook laptop.

This build uses @RehabMan's hot patch technique.

Supported models:
- UX310 (KabyLake)
- UX330 (KabyLake) (not tested)
- UX330 (KabyLake-R)
- UX410 (KabyLake)
- UX430 (KabyLake)
- UX430 (KabyLake-R)
To add support for your laptop, please provide full specs and original ACPI files from Clover, and AIDA64 reports if possible. Recent models are preferred.

What's working now:
- Trackpad has some minor bugs (random cursor jumping, etc.), but gestures are great
- Wifi/Bluetooth: replace with DW1560. Stock Intel card will never work
- Audio not working 100% on UX430
- Everything else works well

Notes:
- If you have problems with trackpad, ask for support here! Don't ask on official VoodooI2C's repo. This build uses modified VoodooI2C kexts by me.
- If your laptop has Optimus nVidia GPU, it will be disabled. macOS doesn't support it.

GitHub: https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-ZENBOOK-HACKINTOSH

Instruction:
Basic instruction is available here

Common Errors: Read this before asking for help

Problem Reporting:
Attach output from gen_debug by @black.dragon74: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

Credits:
@alex.daoud for VoodooI2C
@vit9696 for Lilu, AppleALC, WhateverGreen, AptioMemoryFix and ApfsDriverLoader
@gulios: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-ux430ua-kaby-lake-intel-hd-graphics-620.225847
@Shinji3rd: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...310uak-macos-sierra-installation-guide.224591
@black.dragon74 for custom FAN control

Special thanks: @RehabMan

I precise that I'm a real newbie in matter of installing os x on a PC and I'm not a geek, just an user of computers... and I'm not so good in english because french people thinks that all the world speaks french.

So, I've recently buy and Asus Zenbook UX410UA and I want leave Linux (I use Ubuntu) to move to os x (Mojave or Catalina, I don't know) in order to have more facilities to work with my my colleagues...

In fact, I need simple instructions and "pre_compliled" files in order to make a bootable installation disk and a post installation one. I don't know what kind of information you need to help me... so I'm waiting for your help.

Best regards from France,

Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back