Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@bugsb Yes, running fine on latest BIOS
Allright thanks @baohiep , so with saintno1997/ tctien342's hotpatch failing with Asus latest BIOS update on several Vivobooks, it's positively time to apply your repo to my Kabylake-R Vivobook next!

Needless to say we do not know until I try if Asus only applied its unknown macOS hostile magic to the recent Vivobook BIOSes, or also to the Zenbook ones..

Which Zenbook hotpatch do you want me to try first - the one for UX330, or for UX430? You see my specs in my sig and on the left.

@bugsb There's a lot of change between Vivobook and Zenbook, so you can't use Zenbook hotpatch for your laptop. Sorry about this.

I'll try to add support for Vivobook, but not in the near future.

@baohiep Any chance to add support for my UX331UA? I attached the ACPI output a few posts back. Thanks!

@baohiep gotcha, no worries. In the meantime we can report somewhat of a SUCCESS. Read on from here if you feel like it. We're not yet 100% done with narrowing down the actual culprit by name, but that's only a matter of a bit more debugging.

(I'm off in family matters very soon so won't be able to respond most likely.)

Last edited:
@bugsb Yes, running fine on latest BIOS
@baohiep: we're still having an issue on different Vivobooks after the 308 respectively 309 BIOS updates, so can you please let us know if, after your 309 BIOS update, did you need to re-create a new CPU related SSDT (usually via Piker Alpha's generator), or are you using the VoodooTSCSync kext in your releases?

Thank you.

Feedback from Ninja: on UX430UAR (i5 8250u) with latest Github release .Newest Bios 307- Graphic not working well, must return to 305. At 10.13.6 facing sound issue (disappear sometime)> upgrade to 10.14.3, no issue with the audio yet for 4 days.

After the bios upgrade from 304 to 306 i'm done UX410UAR (Kabylake R) ... unable to boot correctly ...

is there any chances to have a config.plist for HD 620 working with 17G5019 update for high sierra?

OK downgrade from 306 to 304 everything is ok except the trackpad.

the way to downgrade the bios with winflash is: open command console launch winflash with option /nodate ..... then winflash /nodate then it's possible to downgrade flash the bios directly from windows os.

Now I still have troubble with elan1200 not working with 17G5019 high sierra update any idea??

by the way I lost the keyboard backlight.

Last edited:
Hi :) I'm new and i have a question , do i need a real mac to build my hackintosh on my ASUS UX430UN ? Thank you

do i need a real mac to build my hackintosh on my ASUS UX430UN ?
Yes, you need to use a Mac (or Hack) to access the App Store to download the OS and to create your USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back