Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@gulios Try downloading kexts again, latest VoodooI2C is running fine for me.
Code:
./download.sh && ./install_downloads.sh

@gulios Try downloading kexts again, latest VoodooI2C is running fine for me.
Code:
./download.sh && ./install_downloads.sh

ok, testing with newest kexts.

btw.. now have to unchecked option in Accessbility->M&T->ignore.... because with checked trackpad doesn't work at all.

ok, checked again and problem still occurs but...
It looks like cursor not jumping (stays in same position) but it turns on "Mission Control".
I have enabled HotCorners->Mission Control to top-right corner so it looks like something enabling it.(invisible cursor? ;))) or wrong gesture detected from finger)
It happens when i try to click on something and tap (not click) trackpad. It's not a big problem because it happens rarely.

Thx

EDIT:
I've disabled gestures and just hot corners left. Still "cursor jumping" or "enabling hot corner" ...

Last edited:
I just bought a UX331 after making this post, https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-zenbook-ux331ua-with-mojave.270145/

I didn't realize you already had guides for these Zenbooks! I already followed Rehabman's guide and have Mojave booted but the trackpad isn't functional. I tried to use the guide at https://github.com/hieplpvip/ASUS-ZENBOOK-HACKINTOSH/wiki/Basic-Instruction but it looks like I've made it less functional in the process (HD620 doesn't seem correctly recognized and some graphical glitches). Edit: This is probably because the UX330 that is listed in the presets has an HD 520. I will say that dual booting was much easier than I expected. I just shrank the Windows partition and made another partition for the macOS installer and it installed without an issue.

Should I install Mojave again or am I better off sticking with my current install and making an HDD EFI? Right now I only have a USB EFI that I boot from. If I can get the trackpad, brightness etc. working I will probably keep this as a dual boot machine.

Last edited:
I'm attempting to boot Clover with F2+F4 to help with the debug logs but it's causing Mojave to freeze before reaching the desktop.

Looks like the install_tools.sh script wants the files to be on the HDD EFI. I only have a USB Clover EFI right now. Perhaps I should do an HDD EFI install first or can we troubleshoot with just the USB EFI?

Edit: I'm starting from scratch and following the Zenbook guide to a T. I'm using the exact .efi files listed only and the UX330 plist that was generate for me. I know I have a UX331 but I'm hoping the hardware is similar enough...

Last edited:
Here is my ACPI output from Clover. This was obtained using F4 at the clover boot screen. If you can make this work for the UX331UA that would be phenomenal! The specs are nearly indentical to the UX330 KabyLake-R but mine includes the UHD 620.

Attachments

• AsusUX331UA_ACPI.zip
    69.7 KB · Views: 131
I'd even pay somebody, with their method of choice, if they can get this working for me.

@bugsb Yes, running fine on latest BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back