Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@avantan Send me your full specs and dumped ACPI from Clover. It will take time to add support

@pradmohanty Sorry, I forgot to mention that trackpad only works after installation. It's a known issue, but I haven't been able to fix it. For now, you should use a USB mouse.

Another thing is UX430 with KabyLake-R CPU is not fully supported now

Thank you so much for your response. I have the added issue of the keyboard not working in clover when using the install USB to boot. The trackpad and keyboard work perfectly in the UEFI bios. But when clover loads, both keyboard and trackpad are not working. Is there something in the clover config or in the BIOS that I must adjust to enable them to work?

Best Regards,

@pradmohanty It's a problem with the trackpad kext

Maybe my understanding of this is incorrect - The kext should only load when I start macOS. Do the kext load drivers for Clover? I thought drivers for clover are UEFIdirvers64 efi files. The keyboard works in the OS. The keyboard does not work while in Clover. The trackpad does not work in the OS (installer) or Clover.

I will complete installing on the HDD and report. Best Regards, Prad.

@pradmohanty I think you have misunderstood many things.
Kexts are in CLOVER/kexts. drivers64UEFI are for UEFI drivers.

I don't understand what you mean by "in Clover"

@pradmohanty I think you have misunderstood many things.
Kexts are in CLOVER/kexts. drivers64UEFI are for UEFI drivers.

I don't understand what you mean by "in Clover"

By "in Clover" I mean the point after BIOS POST -> in CLover (select OS, Bootloader) -> macOS

Installed the OS - sorry to say but Trackpad is not working after OS install. Keyboard and Function Keys work great everything else works great (still have to replace wireless card with DW1560 ). Any place I can start?

@pradmohanty I have updated the build, can you try again? Remember to do all at Update section

I have a ux410, my laptop works very well. Your work is very incredible.But I have some problems. It doesn't sleep when I close lid but sleep well when click Apple icon -> sleep and HDMI audio is not working. Please help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back