Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fifikus @Thedrealine There are two versions of trackpad, you can try "alexandred version"

Both of you have the same model, I can't understand why it works for one and not the other. Another person has tested my build on UX430 KabyLake-R, and it works well.

@Thedrealine send me your debug files? I think I know why it didn't work.

@Fifikus There's a bug with the script, it failed to install HWMonitor correctly. I'll will fix it.
Now you can navigate to zenbook/downloads/tools/FakeSMC and copy HWMonitor to /Applications

@Fifikus There's a bug with the script, it failed to install HWMonitor correctly. I'll will fix it.
Now you can navigate to zenbook/downloads/tools/FakeSMC and copy HWMonitor to /Applications
i pulled from git and updated also installed HWMonitor, but it still doesn't work.
also tried the other kext for the keyboard - the courser is now more stable, but seems a little slow and doesn't recognize multi touch gestures very well - but I will keep it that way, until your kext becomes more stable.

Greetings - followed this method for scratch build on UX430U(A), i7-8550, 16GB, UHD620, 1920x1200 screen. Previously through other guides, I was unable to get the installer to boot, but now I have been able to get the installer to the point of install. The keyboard works, however, the trackpad is a no go, does not recognize it and shows an animation to use the magic mouse. If I plug in a USB apple mouse, it moves forward to ask for Language Selection and Installation Screen. I used the alexandred version of VoodooI2C.

I have not altered the config files as generated through this script. I downloaded the 10.13.6 installer from the app store, installed the latest Clover 4644, copied the files over to appropriate locations in /EFI/CLOVER

@pradmohanty Sorry, I forgot to mention that trackpad only works after installation. It's a known issue, but I haven't been able to fix it. For now, you should use a USB mouse.

Another thing is UX430 with KabyLake-R CPU is not fully supported now

Anyway to add support for Zenbook UX550? I was trying hard to learn how to decode the DDST, but the learning curve is way too steep for me. Perhaps some of you can point me to a right direction. Your help and guidance are greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back