Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus Zenbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @baohiep for creating the guide and scripts. I'm attempting this on my Asus Ux430uar with a i7-8550U Kaby Lake R processor but couldn't get through installation. I'm trying again but it seems I can't even get the installer to start. @RehabMan I could use your help as well.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 20181025_220442.jpg
    20181025_220442.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 105
I forgot to mention that I tried the generic Unibeast method and your laptop method @RehabMan but I only get as far as the installer. I forgot to save the installer log so I'll have to start over again after work.

Attachments

• 20181024_194941.jpg
    20181024_194941.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 122
  • 20181024_194921.jpg
    20181024_194921.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 94
I forgot to mention that I tried the generic Unibeast method and your laptop method @RehabMan but I only get as far as the installer. I forgot to save the installer log so I'll have to start over again after work.

You will need to attach PR files as per FAQ.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok @RehabMan ,

Reformated USB drive to MBR with 2 partitions (I've also tried GPT one partition) , installed your Clover build with UEFI only and default .efi 64 bit drivers selected. Added in HFSPLus.efi.

Added essential kexts FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBIjectAll in the Other folder.

Used the config file for Intel HD 620 graphics, Kabylake, no spoof. Removed '#' in front of ig-platform-id in Xcode.

macOS Mojave obtained from App Store on my iMac, created with createinsallmedia method

Bios settings: Fast boot disabled, Secure boot disabled, Vt-d disabled, DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb

bios version: 302

I am able to boot into Clover select the install disk, I can format the target drive as HFS+Journaled, install process begins, then it reboots, I select the "Macintosh HD" it resumes install but then fails with

"macOS could not be installed on your computer

An error occurred while loading the installer resources.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and tray again."

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 81
  • Installer Log 27-Oct-2018.txt
    41 KB · Views: 163
  • Installer Log 10-27-18-2.txt
    20.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 20181027_141431.jpg
    20181027_141431.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 89
  • 20181027_141445.jpg
    20181027_141445.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 86
NOTE: The first installer log was when I was first in the installer after formatting the drive. The second one was what I got the "macOS could not be installed.." message.

Ok @RehabMan ,

Reformated USB drive to MBR with 2 partitions (I've also tried GPT one partition) , installed your Clover build with UEFI only and default .efi 64 bit drivers selected. Added in HFSPLus.efi.

Added essential kexts FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, Lilu, WhateverGreen, USBIjectAll in the Other folder.

Used the config file for Intel HD 620 graphics, Kabylake, no spoof. Removed '#' in front of ig-platform-id in Xcode.

macOS Mojave obtained from App Store on my iMac, created with createinsallmedia method

Bios settings: Fast boot disabled, Secure boot disabled, Vt-d disabled, DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb

I am able to boot into Clover select the install disk, I can format the target drive as HFS+Journaled, install process begins, then it reboots, I select the "Macintosh HD" it resumes install but then fails with

Did you completely re-partition the target drive (wiping out Windows), such that the only partition is your macOS target partition?

Yes.

diskutil list shows me:
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *512 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 511.8 GB disk0s2

Then is lists my USB /dev/disk1 and a bunch of disk images /dev/disk3 to /dev/disk20. Those disk images range from +524.3KB to +12.6MB in size. Are they for the installer? Is this normal behaviour?

Not sure if this will help but in the installer I open a terminal and ran dmesg | more

here's the output in a text file

Attachments

• dmesgtovi.txt
    158.9 KB · Views: 197
Ok @RehabMan ,

Your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not correct (for example, HWMonitor.app is not kext, FakeSMC sensor kexts should not be there).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back