- Mar 5, 2018
- Asus Q551LN-708
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (1920 x 1080) and Geforce 840M
- Mobile Phone
Are you saying the kext should be in L/E for Mojave to work on Asus Laptop?Notice!
This guide is an upgrade guide not a new installation one.
I assume you already have a working High Sierra 10.13.6 installation by following this guide.
- Download Mojave installation from the App Store.
- Update clover to the latest version (mine is 2.4 revision 4722).
- Update the following kexts to the latest version:
- After updating the above kexts, copy them with the other kexts from High Sierra guide to the EFI partition in (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other), of course you need to mount the EFI partition first.
- Run the macOS Mojave installation application and after the file copying phase the laptop will restart for the first time, make sure to boot into the (newly created by setup) installation partition, then the setup will continue, your laptop will reboot several times during the upgrade process and every time it reboots make sure to boot into the installation partition as long as it is present and after it disappears boot into the macOS partition.
- After the installation completes (in about 35 minutes) make sure to delete the kexts in (EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other) and keep only the copies in (Library/Extensions).