Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZenBook Pro UX501JW High Sierra 10.13.5 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes not working
for the wifi you should use an USB wifi or you should change your wifi card by this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRFS1GQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
I have the same laptop but I am stuck when booting from the USB drive.
I followed both guides (this one and the more generic one for laptop).
I experimented adding and removing some of the kexts files and I am getting a bit further but the PC automatically reboots now after a few minutes try to load the install. It could be because of the fact that this laptop has both Intel HD530 Graphic and a nVidia GTX 960M.

So could you please post your config.plist and the list of kexts and drivers you have on your USB drive to be able to boot? The Clover options used to boot would also be useful.

Thanks

Update:
I was able to install Mojave finally by removing the additional 8GB Memory stick in the laptop.
I would like to know now if anybody has been able to get the resolution higher than 1024x768. If so I would really appreciate some help or direction to where to start.

Thanks

Update:
Got it to work full resolution by using Whatevergreen. Thanks all for creating all those tools and drivers. It has never be easier to create an Hackintosh.
I also used AppleALC to get the sound working.
I still need to figure out the trackpad and the battery/power stuff...

Thanks

Last edited:
I know this is old but I followed the guide, and the install worked, but when rebooting without the USB during Post-Install, it hangs on "busy timeout[0], (60s): AppleACPICPU" and doesn't boot past it.

I know this is old but I followed the guide, and the install worked, but when rebooting without the USB during Post-Install, it hangs on "busy timeout[0], (60s): AppleACPICPU" and doesn't boot past it.
means your clover needs an update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back