Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582 OpenCore

I seriously wrote and broke it, because my nerves let go
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Updated to Monterey in-place with no problem (except no bluetooth built-in or dongle). But running into this message (but no instability so far) that appears to be unfixed in Apple hardware with much more disastrous results.

@gvkt, Are you running Monterey 12.1? I don't have the volume hash mismatch problem. What SSD are you using? Also, for bluetooth and USB, did you check BlueToolFixup.kext, and the XHCI-unsupported.kext I have?

@Ingener001 also mentioned about the XhciPortLimit quirk, which solved my USB problem.
The problem with USB2 device on USB-A slot solved by disabling the XhciPortLimit quirk in config.plist (Monterey 12.0.1)

Thank You all for good work!

Unfortunately, it does't work on Monterey 12.1:(

I solve it by remapping USB ports from scratch.
I try new (for me) method using USBToolBox utility from GitHub, and it works perfect.
I done it using natively booted Windows 10. Just use manual from repo.

MacOS 12.1. After that initial message, not getting it anymore and no instability. Did a ‘sudo purge’ as mentioned in one of the threads. Using the WD SSD it came with. This is compatible with MacOS. Won’t worry about it unless it happens again.

I disabled the Intel card bluetooth in USB port-mapping even for Big Sur because it was flaky in getting a pairing (probably because my Bluetooth mouse does both BT 3.0 and BT 5.0) and I had sleep/wake issues. The dongle worked fine in Big Sur. Need to play around with the changes for Monterey in what kexts to use.

Thank you so much for the great job.
I have a UX581 10gen Intel. I use the github EFI file and boot up Mac very smoothly. Everything works very well except few issues left. The most important one left is the wake up problem. When the laptop wake up from sleep, the main screen keeps black, the screenpad plus is waken normally. Because of the login interface is on the main screen which is black, I have to login into the system blindly. It seems everything works well but I cannot find a way to activate the main screen again even after loggined into the system.
Further more, when I shutdown the machine through menu or shutdown cmd in terminal, the system gets frozen without power off successfully ( it was good if the system hadnt gone sleep) . I have to power off the machine by keep pushing the power button.

What could be the reason causing this? Any hint for which direction to modify the config to solve this issue?

@vayander, for the black screen wake up issue You can try darkwake=[no, 0-10] boot option. Try different numbers. This helps me on another hack build.

My UX582 is also not shutdown/reboot smoothly sometimes. I think this is because of issues in power management. But because of sleep works ok for me, I'm not bothered much on shutdown/reboot issue.

Also, I have Windows, MacOS and Linux installed on this laptop. I notice MacOS not shutdown/reboot properly often after I boot to Windows or Linux, and reboot right to MacOS after that.

Excellent guide, thank you very much! My system's running smoothly, and the only issue on the Mac side I've found so far is that sleep doesn't turn off the backlight on the bottom screen.

Oddly, when I boot into Windows from the OpenCore loader, loading time goes from 10 seconds to over a minute, and the trackpad doesn't work at all. I tried reinstalling the trackpad driver to see if it'd make a difference and it didn't. Not a big deal since I mainly use a mouse anyway. If I switch the BIOS settings to boot from the Windows partition instead, Windows load quickly and the trackpad behaves normally.

Even though I have a 2021 M1 Macbook Pro, I've wanted to put macOS on this Zenbook for a while to enjoy the dual screen experience, and this may end up being my main Mac now. It's as fast as a 2019 Macbook Pro, and having the extra built-in screen real estate really makes this machine a pleasure to use. I may sell the M1 MBP and pick up an M1 Air for when I need long battery life on the go.

Hi, great guide, got up and running very quickly on my UX581 with almost no issues.

Only main one I have right now is the lower screen is all over the place.
Haven't changed basically anything from your GitHub EFI and everything else has worked fine.
I'm dual booting with Windows, not that I think this would affect anything related to this.

Attached is a gif of how it looks - the screen works fine in Windows so not a hardware issue.
Any help would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
    ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 137
Hi, great guide, got up and running very quickly on my UX581 with almost no issues.

Only main one I have right now is the lower screen is all over the place.
Haven't changed basically anything from your GitHub EFI and everything else has worked fine.
I'm dual booting with Windows, not that I think this would affect anything related to this.

Attached is a gif of how it looks - the screen works fine in Windows so not a hardware issue.
Any help would be much appreciated :)
Same problem here, did you solve it?

ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582 using OpenCore 0.7.6 [WIP]

View attachment 528745

- A guide of the most high-end Hackintosh laptop after Apple switched to Apple Silicon -

Disclaimer: I do not take the responsibility for any damages caused on your laptop following this guide. Please proceed this guide with your own will and use it at your own risk.

Summary: A perfect choice for high-end Hackintosh laptop - almost everything is working on this model.

Spec:

BIOS: Version 303
CPU: Intel Core i9-10980HK (varient: Intel Core i7-10870H)
iGPU: Intel UHD 630
dGPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 8GB (won't work; disabled to save battery; could be enabled with UEFIGraphicsFB.kext for HDMI port without graphics acceleration)
RAM: LPDDR4X 32GB
SSD: Samsung PM981A 1TB M.2 SSD (Not compatible with macOS; replaced with PNY CS3030 2TB M.2 SSD)
Audio: Realtek ALC294 & Nvidia RTX 3000 series HDMI
Wireless: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
Touchpad: ELAN TouchPad
Ports: 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A; 2x Thunderbolt 3; 1x HDMI 2.1; 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack; 1x DC-in

What's working:
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630
  • Intel WiFi 6 (speed could be slow on some very few routers)
  • Intel bluetooth
  • Internal stereo speaker
  • Internal microphone
  • Combo audio jack
  • Camera
  • Battery indication
  • CPU SpeedStep
  • Main touchscreen
  • Secondary ScreenPad Plus
  • Brightness control (software brightness control workaround with Lunar)
  • Stylus pen (works on both screens without sense of pressure)
  • Keyboard
  • Trackpad
  • FN keys for volume, brightness, keyboard backlight, and enable/disable trackpad
  • USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A
  • USB 3 Type-C
  • USB 3 Type-C to DP/HDMI (only one port works due to macOS restriction)
  • Thunderbolt 3 (only non-eGPU devices work for now; what have been tested and work: Intel X540 two port 10G Ethernet, and NVME storage.)
  • Power adaptor
  • Sleep/wake
  • iCloud
  • Continuity

What's not working for now:
  • Nvidia RTX 3070 (won't work due to no driver in macOS)
  • HDMI port (routed to Nvidia RTX 3070; same as above)
  • Native brightness control with macOS CoreDisplay (need to port driver from Linux for display brightness control; check s-light/ASUS-ZenBook-Pro-Duo-UX581GV)
  • Ambient light sensor (same as above)
  • Thunderbolt eGPU (WIP; need to work with DROM and SSDT)
  • Numpad (need to port driver from Linux; check mohamed-badaoui/asus-touchpad-numpad-driver)
  • Some other FN keys (WIP; check hieplpvip/AsusSMC)

ToDo List:
  • Brightness auto adjustment with ambient sensor
  • Some other FN keys (FN+F10, fan control, switch main/scecondary monitors, and disable secondary monitor)
  • Trackpad GPIO mode
  • Numpad
  • Thunderbolt 3 for eGPU (need more SSDT and DROM patches)
  • Battery ACPI patch (Although battery indication is working OOB with SMCBatteryManager.kext and SSDT-EC-USBX.aml, a SSDT patch may still be needed for better battery management.)

Bios Settings:
- BIOS Lock: Disabled
- CFG Lock: Disabled
- Fast Boot: Disabled
- Secure Boot Control: Disabled
- VT-d: Disabled
- SATA Mode Selection: AHCI
- DVMT Pre-Allocated: 64M
- DVMT Total Gfx Mem: MAX
- Force unlock on all GPIO pads: Enabled
- Kernel Debug Serial Port: Legacy UART
- Touch Pad Interrupt Mode: GPIO Interrupt
- Touch Panel Interrupt Mode: GPIO Interrupt

- Legacy USB Support: Enabled
- XHCI Legacy Support: Enabled
- XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
- EHCI Hand-off: Enabled

OpenCore EFI:
Hi! Can you please help me getting my screenpad plus fixed?

Back