Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo 15 OLED UX582 OpenCore

9. Changelog
  • Jan 27, 2023:
    • Updated kexts for macOS Ventura.
    • Updated VoodooI2C to 2.7.1.
    • Adjusted kernel sequence (kext load sequence) mainly for SMC kexts.
    • Enabled more temperature sensors readings after adjusting kernel sequence.
    • Removed redundant Intel firmware in AirportItlwm.kext, IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext, and IntelBluetoothInjector.kext to speed up boot time.
    • Fixed config.plist errors.
    • Tested and confirmed working with macOS Ventura. (Currently not recommended to upgrade to macOS Ventur; need to fix the HiHPI problem on ScreenPad)
  • Jan 26, 2023:
    • Updated kexts for macOS Ventura.
    • Updated VoodooI2C to 2.7.1.
    • Updated OpenCore to 0.8.8.
  • Jan 11, 2022:
    • Added SSDT-ETPD.aml to attempt Trackpad GPIO mode. (Thanks to @gvkt.)
    • Disabled SSDT-ELAN-POLLING.aml.
    • Renamed SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP.aml.
    • Removed XhciPortLimit quirk in config.plist to fix USB 1.0/2.0 devices. (Thanks to @Ingener001.)
    • Updated kexts.
    • Updated OpenCore to 0.7.6.
    • Updated README.md.
  • Dec 14, 2021:
    • Fixed multitouch problem on ScreenPad. (Thanks to @gvkt and @sqlsec.)
  • Nov 7, 2021:
    • Fixed boot problems in macOS Monterey. (Thanks to @atrslb.)
    • Fixed main monitor problem at boot. (Thanks to @atrslb.)
    • Updated kexts for macOS Monterey.
    • Updated OpenCore to 0.7.5.
    • Updated README.md.
  • Sept 17, 2021:
    • Set ProcessorType to 0 in config.plist for CPU default recognition.
    • Updated EFI drivers.
    • Updated README.md.
  • Sept 14, 2021:
    • Updated ACPI tables and kexts to fix USB, keyboard backlight, and VoodooI2C polling. (Thanks to @atrslb.)
    • Updated README.md.
    • Removed redundant ACPI tables and kexts.
  • Sept 12, 2021:
    • Added kexts for Fix-ups and Thunderbolt. (Currently disabled for more tests to be done).
  • Sept 11, 2021:
    • Updated the installation guide.
  • Sept 10, 2021:
    • Pushed initial commit on the installation guide.

Last edited:
Reserved for future post

Reserved for future post

Hi, did you managed to get screenpad working with multitouch gestures? Or it behaves like a trackpad as mine?
I found some info here that might be related to the multitouch issue on screenpad:

Last edited:
Thanks for your work. Keep going...

Thank You for documenting this. Can you tell me if you can set resolution of main screen on this to 1960x1080 enabling HiDPI (basically making it a FHD "retina" screen)?

I just ordered a poorer sibling of this a Zenbook Pro UX535 with i7-10750H, 16GB memory and 4K OLED screen. I suspect many things will be similar to what you have done and I can benefit from your effort as I start on it. Don't see anyone having done it for this machine either. Will post if I find something that might help. I plan to run it in FHD HiDPI for regular use.

Thanks.

Thank You for documenting this. Can you tell me if you can set resolution of main screen on this to 1960x1080 enabling HiDPI (basically making it a FHD "retina" screen)?

I just ordered a poorer sibling of this a Zenbook Pro UX535 with i7-10750H, 16GB memory and 4K OLED screen. I suspect many things will be similar to what you have done and I can benefit from your effort as I start on it. Don't see anyone having done it for this machine either. Will post if I find something that might help. I plan to run it in FHD HiDPI for regular use.

Thanks.
Yes I believe you can enable HiDPI with this command if you don't see HiDPI in your laptop:
Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool true

For me, HiDPI works OOB in UX582. It will most likely be the same in your laptop after you set the UHD630 properly.

Last edited:
Thanks for that info. I have managed to boot into the install screen so far but no mouse (from trackpad or touch screen) . Need to create patched DSDTs or use a USB mouse for now with a hub to the single available USB-A port. The installer puts up a helpful diagram about turning on a mouse power switch before the language selection screen!

Have a question about setting the hidden BIOS settings with mod_grub. How did you find the names and offsets? Seems like some of them are the same on my laptop as what you have listed but not all. Disabling boot lock for example has unintended consequences (like disabling USB ports!). So my offsets might be different.

I tried following the instructions elsewhere using UEFITool and ifr extractor to get the offsets for the BIOS for my laptop. But after downloading the latest bios image from ASUS with which I was able to update the laptop successfully, the above tools aren't working as they are supposed to on that image. Don't want to hijack this thread for debugging this, will post in separate thread.

But interested in knowing if that is how you got the names and offsets for your PC BIOS. A line or two in your guide on how you got that information might be useful for others if they run into problems using the offsets you have given even for the same laptop in a future or variant firmware. Just a suggestion.

Also one more small suggestion for your guide.

You have used Max resolution in the UEFI section of your config for Resolution setting. I found the OpenCanopy icons and debug text on the 4k screen too small to read with the 4k resolution it uses as default. OpenCore debug log lists the modes available for display resolution on the laptop. I set the Resolution setting in UEFI section to 1366x768 as the only other supported mode for my display with the same aspect ratio (the rest have 1.25 or 1.33 ratios). The debug tests are much easier to read and the OpenCanopy icons are much more proportional to the rest of screen (unless you have a lot of them in your menu or you boot straight without a menu). Might be helpful to put a note on this in your guide for anyone that may be following it and find working the 4k boot screen too small.

Hi @gvkt, someone else asked similar problem in this thread, which might answer your questions: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...pu-acceleration-i7-10750h.305933/post-2282145

For your screenpad problem, it seems to be a known issue. One way I heard is to play around the plist file inside VoodooI2CHID.kext. By setting the IOProbeScore or delete some of the IOKitPersonalities could get single touch (trackpad) work for your case. More details could be found on the internet. However, multitouch seems to be a no-go now unless someone else or you can figure out how to modify the VoodooI2C driver.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll take a look at those when I have time. I'm currently busy with other things. Even barely have time to update these files. (Just updated for macOS Monterey tho.) If you encounter any issues, let me know again! I'll try my best to help.

Back