Qualcom Areos AR9285
What works:
Battery life indicator
Intel HD 5500
Sound
Jack
Keyboard
Touchpad
WiFi & Bluetooth(its a bit buggy but works)
Webcam
Ethernet
iCloud
USBs
APFS
What doesnt work
SD card reader
Sleep
Geforce 930M
How to do it
Download Mac Os Mojave from the App Store
Format your drive as HFS+
In Terminal enter this command
"sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume"
Download Clover https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
And when you see the install button click Change Install Location
Click your USB drive and Continue
Click Customize and click "Install for UEFI booting only"
And Install
Then Download the config.plist I attached and copy it into Volume EFI>>EFI>>CLOVER
in EFI(volume) EFI CLOVER KEXT Other put virualsmc, lilu and WhateverGreen (download them for the interwebz)
Put the files from "AFTERINSTALL.zip" onto the "Install Mac OS Mojave" Volume
Eject and boot (BTW the BIOS key is F2 :))
Put the USB drive into a USB2 port
Go to the geared wheel and in the boot args add "-v" and return
Boot into the Mac OS Installer and hope....
Wait like 10 minutes
Plug a USB Mouse and Keyboard in
When you see the menu go to Disk Utility and format your drive as HFS+(Mac OS Extended Journaled)
Exit Disk Utility and Install Mac OS
When you are at the desktop grab the AfterInstall folder and put it on your desktop
1st install clover To you Mac OS drive and chose "Install for UEFI booting only"
In AfterInstall there is a folder named "CLOVER" drag that to Volume EFI>>(folder) EFI
Then Install all the kext using Kext Utility
Reboot and go to the BIOS and change the boot order to 1st UEFI OS
If you now see the Cross right after the Apple logo reboot and try again
When you boot to Mac OS you now have a working Hackintosh
For iCloud follow this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
And disable sleep by typing in Terminal
sudo pmset -a sleep 0; sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0; sudo pmset -a disablesleep 1;
Shoutouts to RehabMan for the Kexts, plist etc.. and to FreeJHack for helping me with SSDT stuff
If I messed something up or you know a fix just comment and i will edit the guide and try it :)

Attachments

• config.plist
    12 KB · Views: 779
  • AFTERINSTALL.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 1,118
Last edited:
Hey man!

Fantastic guide. I have been trying to get the DSDT to work with the battery status on this laptop forever and never found the way, with your guide now I have it ALMOST fully working, but I have a few problems, can you help me fix them?

- I can't seem to get audio to work, in SysPrefs, it shows: "No Output Devices".
- Brightness works great, however, brightness keys do not.
- Sometimes I get a "prohibited" or "stop" sign at boot, like 2/5 times I start the computer.
- Trackpad gestures don't seem to recognize 3 finger gesture, maybe this trackpad is just crap.

For the audio, I guess it's just that my codec and yours is just different. On Windows only shows Realtek Audio and it's not very descriptive. Do you know any way to check which one I have so I can patch it with AppleALC? I can't see any kext for audio in your .zip file!

Thanks a lot.

For audio I used https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/files/VoodooHDA-2.8.8.pkg.zip/download . I know its not the best way to do audio but for me it has been reliable and has worked perfectly. My Fn keys dont work but I dont use the much so I did not notice. I also get sometimes the stop sign. I spent a day trying to fix it. No luck. For me the gestures work but its very weird. 3 down is fullscreen 3 up or click is nothing. 3 left or right is switch between fullscreen apps. I also tryed installing Catalina but it didnt work and I am glad bc from what I have heard Catalina isnt that great. I am running 10.14.6. For the battery I used this patch https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/battery/battery_ASUS-N55SL.txt with MaciASL and this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/ .

Last edited:
Got audio working! But I'm getting a really loud static sound, not working as it should, you have any idea what it could be? Thanks!

From the speakers or the jack?

I cant hear any static noise. Here is my kext in S/L/E.

Attachments

• voodoo.zip
    96.7 KB · Views: 271
I've been messing around with AppleALC with no luck. Now I've re-installed VoodooHDA and it's not working at all. I'm done with this computer, lol.

Hey man! Got it working! Check out this thread! https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alc233-in-mojave.279396/page-4#post-2119072

TLDR:
- Installed Lilu (latest version)
- Installed AppleALC
- Did the changes to the PCI thingies on Clover config.plist, set layout to 3 on all devices.
- Reboot.

Profit! The sound quality is MILES better than VoodooHDA and now I have no issues with popping, buzzing, static or background noise.

Nice! For me the sound quality of the VooDooHDA is ok. I dont use the jack because my is broken (only the left channel works) and the speakers sound fine. Did you fix the battery? BTW don't use the VooDooPS2Controller.kext. I tried it on my laptop and the trackpad freaked out.

Nice! For me the sound quality of the VooDooHDA is ok. I dont use the jack because my is broken (only the left channel works) and the speakers sound fine. Did you fix the battery? BTW don't use the VooDooPS2Controller.kext. I tried it on my laptop and the trackpad freaked out.

What's wrong with the battery? For me it's working fine, including percentage, thanks to your DSDT. Now we need to find a fix for the trackpad, because it's an absolute mess. Will let you know if I find anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back