Motherboard
ASUS X554LA
CPU
Intel i5 5200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry for the double post but I can't figure out how to delete my message.

This is just to update you guys on the trackpad situation.
AcidAnthera recently updated VoodooPS2 with support for our ELANs thanks to the Linux code.
Now it fully works, natively and you can do ALL the gestures, no more janky scrolling. Plus you can even use BetterTouchTool to add some custom ones. Oh, and the Preference Pane actually works now.

Here's the link, just make sure to delete any old VoodooPS2 or ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kexts before using this.

Motherboard
ASUS X555lj
CPU
I7-5500U
Graphics
Intel5500/Nvidia920m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Sorry for the double post but I can't figure out how to delete my message.

This is just to update you guys on the trackpad situation.
AcidAnthera recently updated VoodooPS2 with support for our ELANs thanks to the Linux code.
Now it fully works, natively and you can do ALL the gestures, no more janky scrolling. Plus you can even use BetterTouchTool to add some custom ones. Oh, and the Preference Pane actually works now.

Here's the link, just make sure to delete any old VoodooPS2 or ApplePS2SmartTouchpad kexts before using this.
Unfortunately still no solution for Focaltech touchpads I see...

Motherboard
ASUS X554LA
CPU
Intel i5 5200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unfortunately still no solution for Focaltech touchpads I see...
Not yet it seems. Any news on the brightness using the F5/F6 keys? I'm going to investigate this next.

EDIT 23:14:
Welp, looks like you need to edit DSDT to do it and I don't really know how. RehabMan's guides are REALLY extensive and also hard to comprehend if it is your first time. (Don't get me wrong, if you know what you are doing they are pretty good guides, but they are NOT noob-friendly).

As far as I've been able to find, either you can use AsusSMC (doesn't work straight out of the box, you still have to apply patches), or just follow this guide using FakeSMC then applying patches: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/ which I don't know how.

I mean, we already have the patched DSDT in the CLOVER folder, can we just open it with MacASL and apply the patches? I really don't want to mess my installation. What if it goes wrong and it doesn't boot anymore? I'm not willing to risk it.

Last edited: