Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus X550LDV Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X550LDV
CPU
i7 > Need full CPU model number > See Forum Rules!
Graphics
HD 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Asus X550LDV Mac OSX install Process

Hi boys and girls of this crazy great forum! I would love to share my first ever 100% working Hackintosh.I thought it would’ve been great if I had found a guide like the one I am writing right now when I first began this process, although I have to thank for all the help I’ve been given throughout the process!! Specially RehabMan, without you it wouldn’t have been possible!!

Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 08.37.32.png
I’m super happy with this Hackintosh!! I am dual booting Windows 10 like you will if you follow the guide correctly, and the laptop feels so much better in OSX than in Windows!! Performance and beauty vs crappy windows hahahaha
I got to the point where I have effectively more battery life in OSX than in Windows, which is quite something if you ask me
I can get up to 4 hours in OSX browsing web, writing, listening to music, using Logic Pro… In windows a mere 2h30m
I am an aspiring musician and was looking for a Mac to buy, but money didn’t reach, so this was my only option! Now I use Logic Pro and Mac OSX as my main operating system, without hiccups, and I’m so happy about it! As Mavericks is definitely what I needed in terms of stability and compatibility I don’t think I will update to Yosemite any time soon, although this guide applies 99% to Yosemite!
No major difference, and if there is any I will try to point it out.

This guide should apply “generally” to most ASUS X550 laptops. The one I worked with is an ASUS X550LDV with the following specs

Intel Core i7 @2.56GHz Quad Core
Intel HD4400 Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 820m
Realtek RTL811B Ethernet
Atheros Qualcomm 9485
ICH8 chipset
ElanTech trackpad

So you bought your new ASUS and wanna make it a Hackintosh? Well to begin with you will need a real Mac, or any kind of computer running OSX, so as to be able to download the operating system from the App Store. Once you have that, use the “createinstallmedia” method for creating a USB containing Mac OSX.

1- Connect the USB and open Disk Utility, format your entire USB, deleting all the partitions and make a new partition scheme, using GUID table, so you can install Clover afterwards.

2- If you want to install Mavericks like I did use this command, replacing MyVolume with the name of your USB

For Mavericks

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Mavericks.app

For Yosemite

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app

This method is used on real Macs, that’s why this is the closest you will get to a vanilla install!

3- Once your USB contains OSX, it’s time to download Clover EFI boot loader, and Clover Configurator, so as to configure the boot parameters! (I attached my EFI folder so you have an idea of what it should look like). There’s plenty guides on how to install Clover, so I will not get much into that, but i will explain my config plist.)

In ACPI page unstick all the DSDT fixes and don’t drop the OEM SSDTs until you have your own patched ones.

For the boot page I use:
slide=0 because it fixes many boot issues,
darkwake=0 because it fixes sleep for me,
-gux_defer_usb2 because I use GenericUSBXHCI.kext to get my sleep working properly
dart=0 is used to disable Intel Virtualization, that causes troubles in OSX
kext-dev-mode=1 must use in yosemite, in mavericks not needed

CPU page is left empty

In devices page I use all the USB fixes, I don’t inject audio because my patched AppleHDA and DSDT already do that so, ifI inject through Clover I get no sound, so I set Inject Audio to NO. Use 0x04128086 as Fake ID if you have this kind of laptop with an HD4400 (Haswell), it’s the only way to get fully accelerated graphics.

Nothing in Disable Drivers,
GUI page is up to you

In graphics page you should tick the options Load VBIOS, Inject EDID, Inject Intel, and use this number in ig-platform-id 0x0a260006
Rest should be unticked and/or empty

In Kernel and kext patching you only need to use KernelPM option, to correct the early reboots

Rt variables should be left unchanged

In SMBIOS page you should choose MacbookPro 11,2 which works out perfectly nice with our processor!! Be sure to check the Mobile and Trust options to use the 8Gb of RAM in your machine.

Last but not least, in system parameters make sure to inject system ID and set inject kexts to yes!

Remember to save all that work!!

4- Moving kexts so Clover can inject!
After downloading FakeSMC, FakePCIID, FakePCIID HD4400_HD4600, ApplePS2SmartTouchpad(only for Elantech tocuhpad users), Realtek RTL811B, you should mount your EFI partition again and copy these kexts to the 10.9 or 10.10 folder, depending on what OSX you will use

5- After saving everything, make sure that in your BIOS you disable Intel Virtualization if you can, and if you can disable NVIDIA card there make sure to also do that. Otherwise you do like me and disable through DSDT. Be certain that you are using AHCI mode, and have disabled CSM support mode, so as to use UEFI booting only.

6- Moment of truth! Boot from the USB (verbose if you have problems and maybe I can help) and hopefully you will be greeted by the OSX installer. In Utilities you should use GUID partition scheme for your Hard Drive and make sure you set it to create 2 Mac OS Plus partitions!! Very important to not create any NTFS or Fat partitions from OSX installer!!

7- Install OSX to one ! And hopefully after that your laptop will reboot! Now boot from USB again and choose the OSX which you installed to your HD from Clover menu!

8- Once you’re in the desktop you should install Clover to your Hard drive, and then copy your config.plist to there, and install your kexts to System/Library/Extensions!
Repair permissions and then eject your USB drive and reboot! Hopefully you will now have OSX booting from your hard drive.

9- Once OSX is accommodated and booting from hard drive, you can use a EFI Windows USB to install windows to the other partition in your system! Please make sure you didn’t previously create any FAT or NTFS partition or Windows won’t let you install unless you format everything!

That should be it! Windows and OSX dual boot! YAY here goes all my configs and kexts plus my dsdt and ssdts to take as reference
View attachment EFI.zip

Greetings my friends!

Thank you very much for the guide. Will be using it during the weekend(asus x550ld), I will let you know as soon as I get it running.

Thank you very much for the guide. Will be using it during the weekend(asus x550ld), I will let you know as soon as I get it running.
No problem my friend!! If you have any doubt, please dont hesitate, I have it working 100% :clap:

Hey, just found your thread and I am very curious: you have the same WiFi Card as me (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485). Did you manage to get it working? As you said your Hackintosh is 100% working I assume this works as well. I am just asking because everytime I read about this card, people tell me it is not supported.

Hey, just found your thread and I am very curious: you have the same WiFi Card as me (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485). Did you manage to get it working? As you said your Hackintosh is 100% working I assume this works as well. I am just asking because everytime I read about this card, people tell me it is not supported.

I had to swap it for a compatible card, in my case BCM94352HMB, as you can see in signature. Currently running Sierra with 100% functionality

Hi, thanks for your help i have used your file to install and run Yosemite.
but also want to upgrade to Sierra however can't find all needed files, if you can upload your clover folder with all it's file as I have the same laptop space exapet mine have sd cart all others are the same like Audio Video Lan WIFI CPU.....

and one more thinks how did you disabled the Nvidia Geforce 820m? I didn't used your DSDT I patched my own but I checked them all we have 100% same SSDT exept the some extra you have add to them like the end of SSDT-12 as I already follwod your posts with RehabMan to disable it but I couldn't.

even I did used my DSDT and your SSDT file no avail, so just want to know if you disable it through DSDT _REG or just from SSDT-11 and SSDT-12 because we do have the _SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC0.SPIN and I sow that you have removed that and also turned off by by _INI in SSDT at _SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._ADR.
a hint for that wold be greet i really appreciate your help and support and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, just an update to my post that i have disabled the 820m gnu, and also install Sierra and all ok exact the Audio alc 233.

can you explain ho did you manege to get it to work?

Thanks

I have a ASUS X550LNV
the spec i5-4210u, hd4400, gt 840m, alc233,
, I've manage to install macOS sierra, with full QE/CI, but can't make audio, battery %, and the touchpad is a bit awkward to work, not as good as in Windows. I've uploaded my original efi folder with original dsdt, can someone help

Attachments

• ASUS x550lnv.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 375
Hi, just an update to my post that i have disabled the 820m gnu, and also install Sierra and all ok exact the Audio alc 233.

can you explain ho did you manege to get it to work?

Thanks
AppleALC kext with layout id 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back