Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Vivobook X542UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
While your ports are working, that's an incorrect setup.
you made a usb ssdt very quick...

Hello, guys! One more thank you for help! There was a some weeks of hard work, but now I have some time and I did SSDT for USB ports. My system works ok all this time, except sleep. Can you look my debug info - is it ok? Or maybe I must do anything else?

And a couple of questions.

In my system left far USB port is HS03 in 2.0 mode, but SS04 in 3.0 mode.
So, it works only or USB2 HS03, or USB3 SS04, but not in both modes
I think 2 other 2.0 ports is enougt for me, and do not include HS03 in my SSDT, so it works only in 3.0 mode. Is it correct?

And one other thing. As I look at real MacBook Pro, if I unmount USB HDD, or USB Flash, power on USB port is turning off, and control LED of device switches off. On my system control LED of device stills on. Is it correct? Is there any way to make behavior of port on my system as at real Mac? So, as I think, I lost my BT adapter after each wake-up because USB ports still stays powered on. BT is Broadcom BCM 20702A on HS08 port.

Attachments

• debug_6369.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 66
Hello, guys! One more thank you for help! There was a some weeks of hard work, but now I have some time and I did SSDT for USB ports. My system works ok all this time, except sleep. Can you look my debug info - is it ok? Or maybe I must do anything else?

And a couple of questions.

In my system left far USB port is HS03 in 2.0 mode, but SS04 in 3.0 mode.
So, it works only or USB2 HS03, or USB3 SS04, but not in both modes
I think 2 other 2.0 ports is enougt for me, and do not include HS03 in my SSDT, so it works only in 3.0 mode. Is it correct?

And one other thing. As I look at real MacBook Pro, if I unmount USB HDD, or USB Flash, power on USB port is turning off, and control LED of device switches off. On my system control LED of device stills on. Is it correct? Is there any way to make behavior of port on my system as at real Mac? So, as I think, I lost my BT adapter after each wake-up because USB ports still stays powered on. BT is Broadcom BCM 20702A on HS08 port.
You should include HS03 too. No reason to only allow USB 3.0 in this port (You're not reaching the port limit anyway).
That way you'll be able to use both 2.0 and 3.0 devices with this port. No harm doing that.

Usually you would eliminate USR1 and USR2. Any reason you kept those?

You did not set correct connector types for your ports. Follow the SSDT generation guide carefully :)

About your second question - a correct setup is the key, you haven't yet completed the USB setup (wrong connector types).

About your second question - a correct setup is the key, you haven't yet completed the USB setup (wrong connector types)
So, I did:
- USR1 and USR2 eliminated
- connector types for USB2=0, USB3=3, internal=255, as described
- if I add HS03, I got dead port with only power. It doesn't work anyway. If I remove HS03, I got working only USB3 port. Ok, I will use it for external HDD with Time Machine.

And as I see after all - system do the same thing. When unmounting of USB drive (flash and HDD), then power stills on, control LED of device stills on. Is there any way to make correct power-off the port? Or it's not needed?

But now internal connected USB devices (BT, webcam) works correctly after sleep. Will test if for a couple of days.

Last edited:
So, I did:
- USR1 and USR2 eliminated
- connector types for USB2=0, USB3=3, internal=255, as described
- if I add HS03, I got dead port with only power. It doesn't work anyway. If I remove HS03, I got working only USB3 port. Ok, I will use it for external HDD with Time Machine.

And as I see after all - system do the same thing. When unmounting of USB drive (flash and HDD), then power stills on, control LED of device stills on. Is there any way to make correct power-off the port? Or it's not needed?

But now internal connected USB devices (BT, webcam) works correctly after sleep. Will test if for a couple of days.
Notice the USB 2.0 variant (HSxx) of the USB 3.0 port should still have a connector type 3. That might be your issue.

Make sure you follow this guide too:

Notice the USB 2.0 variant (HSxx) of the USB 3.0 port should still have a connector type 3. That might be your issue.
Changed connector=3 for HS01 and HS04. Same thing, no power-off. Ok, thank you, I will test current config as is.

That might be your issue.
Ha-ha, it's not bug, it's old ASUS feature! When AC connected, all USB ports are powered!
They do it 10 years long, maybe more. You can charge a phone when laptop shutted down but AC adapter connected.

Thank you a lot, Ben! All is working fine, except power-down of USB 2.0 port - it's always powered, I checked it by tester.
Bluetooth issue was solved: Option+Shift+click on BT icon in top menu, Debug / Reset Bluetooth. After this BT correctly wakes up. Sleep mode is working fine.

@igorgr24

I have a different laptop with the display B156HAN06.1 just a quick question, if there's an external display attached to your laptop HDMI or USB-C does the built-in laptop display become black?

I'm asking because I've seen a couple of ASUS laptops with this problem.

Example video: Black Built-in Display (If external displays are not hot-plugged)

Other ASUS laptop with the same problem: Asus Zenbook UX410UN i5 8th Gen

We also have the same issue with the trackpad on the Vivobook N580VD it only works in polling-mode.

I hope to hear back from you!

if there's an external display attached to your laptop HDMI or USB-C does the built-in laptop display become black?

Hello! I did't test my USB-C port because have no such equipment. I use only USB 2 and 3 devices.
I use only HDMI, it works perfect. I'll try to test it when connected during boot, and wrote here.

P.S. My seconary display does not work during boot, as it should be.
After system boots, all displays works ok - and internal, and external.
May be you have an issue with your BIOS - it tries to set clone display mode.

Last edited:
While your ports are working, that's an incorrect setup.

Hi, Ben! Could you explain me what's going on?
After 3-4 times of sleep I losing my Bluetooth. What reason it can be happen?

Снимок экрана 2019-07-26 в 15.12.02.png

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    840.1 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back