Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS Vivobook X542UA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without InjectKexts=Yes system can't boot - as photo above, progress bar about 2/3, no mouse cursor appears.

Thank you a lot for your help to me!
Setting InjectKexts=Detect is the best approach. Your kexts seem like a mess, that can lead to issues.

Your DisplayEDID-dae-15d5.kext is corrupt. Do you really need it? What is that for? I'd remove it... It's on both /L/E and Clover.
AFAIK, NightShiftUnlocker.kext is not necessary with your SMBIOS. Remove from /L/E and Clover.
VoodooTSCSync.kext shouldn't be needed, remove from Clover.
AppleBacklightFixup.kext is deprecated. Embedded into recent WhateverGreen.kext. Remove from /L/E and Clover.
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext, VoodooI2CUPDDEngine.kext, VoodooI2CAtmelMXT.kext, VoodooI2CELAN.kext, VoodooI2CFTE.kext are all not needed for you. Remove all of them from /L/E, you only need VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID.
Remove VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext from Clover as well.
FakePCIID.kext isn't doing anything alone, remove from Clover.
Is Sinetek-rtsx.kext used on your system? Is it functional? If not - remove from Clover.
Why is ACPIPoller.kext installed?

Really, don't install kexts before you know what they are doing and you really need them.
Make sure your kexts are updated as well.

Remove OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi and use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead.
Remove apfs.efi, it's not needed when you have ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

Remove unused config.plist files from Clover. Keep then one you're using, should be named config.plist.

Notice you're using polling mode for VoodooI2C, that's not recommended. Patch ETPD._CRS to using GPIO interrupts.

See if InjectKexts=Detect is fixed after fixing all of it. If not - attach a new archive.

Ben, thank you for your reply.

Your DisplayEDID-dae-15d5.kext is corrupt. Do you really need it? What is that for? I'd remove it... It's on both /L/E and Clover.
DisplayEDID-dae-15d5.kext and configs - it's created by Hackintool. Does it really needed - I don't know. I read about it at other site. My experience in MacOS+Hackintosh is about 2 months.

I'll try to do what you wrote in next few days.

Ben, thank you for your reply.

DisplayEDID-dae-15d5.kext and configs - it's created by Hackintool. Does it really needed - I don't know. I read about it at other site. My experience in MacOS+Hackintosh is about 2 months.

I'll try to do what you wrote in next few days.
I don't think you need that kext... If it's not helping with anything, no reason to have it :)
Remove those configs as well, keep yours only.

Here is written: VoodooI2CFTE implements support for the propriety FTE protocol found on the FTE1001 trackpad. Your FTE device may have better support with this kext than with VoodooI2CHID.
I have FTE1200. I leaved this kext and do not patched ETPD._CRS

Is Sinetek-rtsx.kext used on your system? Is it functional? If not - remove from Clover.
It's seems that it's really needed - cardreader doesn't work without it

don't understand anything

Remove VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext from Clover as well.

If I do this, system will not boot. After apple logo and progress bat disappears, I can see only black screen, BT mouse working, touchpad not.
Booted to WinPE recovery, look to Device Manager / HID Device properties. There are only FTE1200, no Synaptics. Tried to use VoodooI2CFTE.kext - got a fail. Removed VoodooI2CFTE.kext, copied
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
and system will boot normally.

Here is written: VoodooI2CFTE implements support for the propriety FTE protocol found on the FTE1001 trackpad. Your FTE device may have better support with this kext than with VoodooI2CHID.
I have FTE1200. I leaved this kext and do not patched ETPD._CRS
You have FTE1200, probably well supported by VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID. Other satellites are not needed.
It's seems that it's really needed - cardreader doesn't work without it
Yeah, you're right. Wasn't sure what it was...
don't understand anything

If I do this, system will not boot. After apple logo and progress bat disappears, I can see only black screen, BT mouse working, touchpad not.
Booted to WinPE recovery, look to Device Manager / HID Device properties. There are only FTE1200, no Synaptics. Tried to use VoodooI2CFTE.kext - got a fail. Removed VoodooI2CFTE.kext, copied
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
and system will boot normally.
Again, don't install the Syanptics satellite. It won't even load...
No relation between VoodooI2C and VoodooTSCSync. Make sure your config has correct power management configuration, as in RehabMan's config.plist.
Make sure all your kexts are up-to-date.

After you've follow the steps I suggested before + those, or at least most of them, attach a new troubleshooting archive.

Checked twice. Normal system boot conditions are:
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
and InjectKexts=Yes in config.plist

Deleted both kexts as you wrote, ant try to boot. In case of fail added a pair of kexts one-by-one in all possible combinations. Also checked InjectKexts=Yes and InjectKexts=Detect

In any other case system will not boot - I see only black screen with apple logo and progress bar at 3/4, and only BT mouse is working (cursor moving).

Attachments

• debug_29585.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 191
Make some changes to the system.

Got a sleep from Apple menu or ASUS Fn+F1. But if simple close a lid and open it after 10 sec, screen stills off.

Attachments

• debug_5069.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 168
Checked twice. Normal system boot conditions are:
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooI2CSynaptics.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
and InjectKexts=Yes in config.plist

Deleted both kexts as you wrote, ant try to boot. In case of fail added a pair of kexts one-by-one in all possible combinations. Also checked InjectKexts=Yes and InjectKexts=Detect

In any other case system will not boot - I see only black screen with apple logo and progress bar at 3/4, and only BT mouse is working (cursor moving).
VoodooI2CHID attached to your device very well, recognized as a precision trackpad. You did not patch _CRS for GPIO interrupts. Is your trackpad working? Anyway, it'll work better with GPIO...
VoodooI2CSynaptics does not attach to any device on your system,, see the IONameMatch it has... The source if the problem is somewhere else, you should be able to remove it with 0 harm.

Better to not have DSDT.aml.bak there, copy it somewhere else.
Why do you have SSDT.aml? Usually you only need the PluginType injection in your config.plist. Remove it... It's disabled by your config.plist anyway.

Clover is not latest - update it :)
You cannot have both AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. Remove OsxAptio...
DataHubDxe-64.efi is usually not needed. Try booting without it.

You have the VirtualSMC sensors in Clover, but they cannot be used without VirtualSMC itself. If you want to use it, remove FakeSMC and the FakeSMC sensors (From both Clover and /L/E), also remove SMCHelper-64.efi.
Install VirtualSMC to both Clover and /L/E, keep the sensors in /L/E only (they are not necessary for booting...)

Once again - when you have kexts in both Clover and /L/E (the correct approach), you need InjectKexts=Detect. See how it goes after applying all changes above.

Please use quoted replies so people can be notified when you reply to their comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back