Register

[Guide] ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Variants (Q405UA & TP410UA) - Mojave

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
I have installer booting, and installing. But install fails always at the end. Thanks anyway.

Motherboard
Asus TP410UAR
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
The external volume buttons aren't working, but I haven't spent a lot of time trying to trace the keys in the DSDT to correct them. I've tried several methods to get the SD card reader working, with no success at all including modifying the port configuration, patching the AppleUSBCardReader kext and creating a custom injector. It seems like it should be possible, but I haven't been able to get it working.
Fair enough, I figured it was just a matter of finding it in the DSDT.

Wow, I figured it was just something with USB injection and was considering testing using Rehabman's USBInjectAll kext to see if the Card Reader's USB is disabled, but if you tried all that it can't be that simple. I noticed others that have it working on other models have the USB2.0-CRW entry in System Report and then patch the AppleUSBCardReader kext, but that entry is just absent =/ Ah well, I'm sure something will come up sometime. Thank you for the explanation.

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Fair enough, I figured it was just a matter of finding it in the DSDT.

Wow, I figured it was just something with USB injection and was considering testing using Rehabman's USBInjectAll kext to see if the Card Reader's USB is disabled, but if you tried all that it can't be that simple. I noticed others that have it working on other models have the USB2.0-CRW entry in System Report and then patch the AppleUSBCardReader kext, but that entry is just absent =/ Ah well, I'm sure something will come up sometime. Thank you for the explanation.
Yeah, it's possible that I just overlooked something when I was trying to get it working but I just disabled it and moved on since I didn't really use it anyway. I intentionally disable it in SSDT-UIAC and also disable it in the BIOS, it appears the same way when it isn't disabled as USB2.0-CRW. To enable the port that it's connected too, you can uncomment HS04 in the SSDT patch before running the installer and you'll see it in the list.

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Delete

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
I am trying to use @fewt install script here to patch my dsdt. I have the dst dump from f4, i have it with the install script, but it keeps error, saying unable to disassemble dst.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
I am trying to use @fewt install script here to patch my dsdt. I have the dst dump from f4, i have it with the install script, but it keeps error, saying unable to disassemble dst.
Paste an 'ls -l' in the directory with install.sh, and the output of the script along with the output of the log file.

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Reason all those files are in directory is because I first tried with just the ssdt.aml, and it failed, then I added the rest of the dump thinking it could need them. Still same error. Thanks so much

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
I needed an ls -l (lowercase l), and cut and paste the output of that and of running the script. I'm unable to open that zip file, there seems to be something wrong with it.

From looking at the screenshot, it looks like you're missing a lot of stuff from the package. You should just need to extract it, put DSDT.aml in the directory that gets extracted, and run install.sh.

The package may not work as you have a different model.