CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Ok, redoing it using unibeast. I'm assuming my laptop is similar to the ones here. That's why I'm posting.
unibeast is for desktops

Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Thanks guys, just not worth the aggravation. If there was a better guide for booting it on a laptop, I would do it. But it seems like a real pita, and there's not a real simple way. Thanks again.

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-Clover
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD530 + GTX 950m 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks guys, just not worth the aggravation. If there was a better guide for booting it on a laptop, I would do it. But it seems like a real pita, and there's not a real simple way. Thanks again.
if you want easy then maybe linux or windows would be better

hackintosh is not plug and play, you will need to learn new skills

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Im back with a quick question. I finally got the boot macos option. Is internet connection mandatory for install? I still have the intel wifi card, my new one comes tomorrow, but i get the server cant be contacted issue trying to install. I did download the FULL installer, why does it need internet? Thanks

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Update. Got it to install!!! Now it just reboots at Apple boot logo. Not giving up, would appreciate some help! Thanks.

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Update. Got it to install!!! Now it just reboots at Apple boot logo. Not giving up, would appreciate some help! Thanks.
Edit. Apparently, my install fails. Never makes it through a complete install.

Motherboard
Asus TP410UAR
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Fewt,

Are the external volume buttons on the left-side of the laptop (next to the power button) supposed to work? I don't use them, but I didn't notice that they were under either the working or non-working section of the guide. They work fine under Ubuntu.

Also, seeing as how your card reader is disabled in BIOS, I doubt it's much of a concern for you, but is there any reason you've found for the SD card reader to not work? From the looks of it, it should be: Product ID 297 (0x0129) and Vendor ID of 3034 (0x0BDA) but I wasn't successful injecting these values in AppleUSBCardReader.kext using this guide https://noobsplanet.com/index.php?threads/fix-internal-external-card-reader-hackintosh-guide.32/

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Fewt,

Are the external volume buttons on the left-side of the laptop (next to the power button) supposed to work? I don't use them, but I didn't notice that they were under either the working or non-working section of the guide. They work fine under Ubuntu.

Also, seeing as how your card reader is disabled in BIOS, I doubt it's much of a concern for you, but is there any reason you've found for the SD card reader to not work? From the looks of it, it should be: Product ID 297 (0x0129) and Vendor ID of 3034 (0x0BDA) but I wasn't successful injecting these values in AppleUSBCardReader.kext using this guide https://noobsplanet.com/index.php?threads/fix-internal-external-card-reader-hackintosh-guide.32/
The external volume buttons aren't working, but I haven't spent a lot of time trying to trace the keys in the DSDT to correct them. I've tried several methods to get the SD card reader working, with no success at all including modifying the port configuration, patching the AppleUSBCardReader kext and creating a custom injector. It seems like it should be possible, but I haven't been able to get it working.

Motherboard
ASUS TP412UA-IH31T
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
So no one has any ideas why my install won't complete?

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
So no one has any ideas why my install won't complete?
Unfortunately, no. There are threads for guides and help with installing macOS. This one has already been linked.