Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus UX305CA UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy the new mobile processors they said..it will be fun they said

Definitely fun.
If you could test with a real Macbook9,1, you would know what the expected behavior is.

I just confirmed it using my Windows installation with cpu-z. This is the reason why I get a laggy launchpad as well (HIDPI rendering). On charger everything is fine, but without it its completely useless.

I just confirmed it using my Windows installation with cpu-z. This is the reason why I get a laggy launchpad as well (HIDPI rendering). On charger everything is fine, but without it its completely useless.

Confirmed what with CPU-Z?

That the CPU clock falls to 2GHz when unplugged and 3.1GHz when plugged.

That the CPU clock falls to 2GHz when unplugged and 3.1GHz when plugged.

Hmmm... didn't know CPU-Z had pstate or clock rate monitoring.
I have a KabyLake Y series laptop here... I'll have to check it out to see if it does something similar.

When I place my Zenbook into sleep mode, it does not wake up. Screen stays black, no keys nor USB devices wake up the machine. See attached for troubleshooting data, and thanks for any help offered!

After installing the latest BIOS update (300), my sleep/wake issues are gone - it wakes up properly! Hooray! Except now my trackpad has been disabled... Ha! I might have to reinstall the latest compatible trackpad driver as per the instructions in post 1...

After installing the latest BIOS update (300), my sleep/wake issues are gone - it wakes up properly! Hooray! Except now my trackpad has been disabled... Ha! I might have to reinstall the latest compatible trackpad driver as per the instructions in post 1...

Keep in mind that after updating BIOS (or changing any BIOS option, or changing hardware), you will need to re-extract/re-patch ACPI.

Thank you RehabMan! All is restored and I have a fully working machine!

Hello, newbie here. I briefly read through the directions and ordered the wifi card for the laptop. Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I attempt this?

Anyone here successfully upgraded from sierra to high sierra? Is there any kext stop working? I have had lastest clover already. Should I direct upgrade my hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back