onboard hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[Success] Asus T300LA w/ Clover EFI

Attained nearly full/native functionality with Yosemite using Clover for ASUS laptop/tablet T300LA BB31T (lowest end model with core i3, 4gb ram, 64gb SSD): It's pretty novel to have a touchscreen Mac OS X Yosemite Laptop. Much thanks to Rehabman and maromi. Purpose of this post is to upload EFI folder for quick/seamless installation for this particular laptop, as opposed to the protracted process of starting from scratch.

What works well:
Battery management (sleep, sleep on clamshell close, battery meter)
Speedstep, 7-8hrs battery life
Touch Screen
HD 4400 full QE/CI
Sound
Trim support
Screen brightness change

What sort of works:
Touchpad recognized as "mouse," hence no advanced trackpad functionality (2 finger scroll, accidental touch, etc are missing. However have Left and Right click functionality)
Its annoying that the keyboard needs a separate charge cable (ASUS' fault)

Wifi/Bluetooth
: replace with BCM943225HMB ($10 on eBay) and my clover installation will inject/prepare for you--This is a combo wifi/bluetooth card (single band 802.11n and BT3)--no handoff capability. Hardware installation: To remove back aluminum plate of tablet, use a suction cup or plastic spudger (suction cup was very easy for me--there are 2 small torx screws near the hinge you have to remove prior as well)

What does not work:
HDMI video out--I did not have time to figure this one out. Maybe somebody else can contribute this fix?

Software Installation--instructions to install OS X Yosemite and copy attached EFI folder to EFI partition of your disk.
0) Boot to Bios/setup holding "volume down" rocker button on side of tablet immediately after reboot. Change USB setting to EHCI only. This change fixes an issue which causes all USB devices (trackpad, touchscreen, keyboard) to fail to awake after sleep.
1) Prepare a Clover installation media, (tonymac has a good clover boot disk preparation article--prepare using EFI method and not legacy/BIOS method)
2) Boot to OS X installation using this USB media from step 1, it should be entitled "Install Mac OS X Yosemite"
3) Using OS X Installation Disk Utility, Format the internal SSD or a microsd as GUID single partition, journaled mac os x disc--call it "Macintosh SSD" (*FYI if you re-partition internal disk you will forever lose ASUS Win 8.1 installation--they will not send replacement medias)
4) Install OS X to "Macintosh SSD"
5) Restart; using Clover USB installation as boot disk proceed to boot into "Macintosh SSD."
6) Once at Mac OS X desktop, using finder unzip my T300LA.zip file onto your desktop. Then eject "Install Mac OS X Yosemite" USB Drive.
7) Using this folder, Tools--> EFI mounter mount the EFI partition (likely disk0 if internal, possibly disk1 if are are using microsd)
8) Using Finder Copy this unzipped "EFI" folder to root of this EFI partition. Please make sure this is the EFI partition of your drive "Macintosh SSD" and not EFI partition of some other drive.
9) Using Kext wizard install AppleHDA8series.kext. Reboot
10) FYI: keyboard sound buttons will work natively. Brightness buttons: pause="brighter", fn+pgup="dimmer"
11) If you want to enable iMessage permanently hereafter, you need to inject a correct serial number via Clover Configurator.

Voila! This EFI folder has numerous SSDT and DSDT edits to enable power management and brightness change functionality. Since the mid and higher end models use i5 and i7 processors respectively, you may have to redo the SSDT edits according to Rehabman's excellent tutorials to get speedstep working. However it doesn't hurt to try this streamlined installation even for the slightly different models. SSDT editing was a learning experience using MacIASL but definitely educational. I will try to be available for questions for those of you who try this, but please refer to the true pro's posts: Rehabman who figured out most of these broad fixes, and maromi who teased out many of these fixes for this particular laptop. I have simply followed instructions and prepared and ready-made EFI folder including the custom edited config.plist and kexts and SSDT/DSDT edits.

Good luck!
Amir/thespanky1

Attachments

• T300LA.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 484
Last edited:
The card reader work?

Yes, Card reader works great. I have used a 64gb micro sdxc. It does have the "ejected" message after sleep but it remounts without issue. Lookup Jettison app to fix that common problem amongst hackintoshes...

Hi, I used Rehabman's patches:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/105027-display-brightness-control.html

"Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.?

Hi, I used Rehabman's patches:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/105027-display-brightness-control.html

"Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.?

Note also complete guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

In case anybody in future is wondering, I can confirm that this guide will not work 'as is' for the ASUS Transformer book TP300LA i5 4200U, even with both machines having similar hardware.

What works:
Graphics,
Touchscreen,
2 of the 3 usb ports,
Keyboard,
Battery status

What does not work:
Trackpad,
left and right click,
Sound,
Keyboard upon wake,
Brightness controls,