Motherboard
Asus ROG GL552VW Laptop
CPU
i7-6700HQ/HM170
Graphics
HD 530 + GTX 960M
Link to full guide on GitHub
Overview
I'm no expert on this at all, but I've been at this one for a while and I finally found a way to get Mac OS working on this laptop using fidele007's original guide (but modified a little of course). Unfortunately, the 960m doesn't work at all, and there's no way to get it working at the moment.

What Works
  • Intel HD Graphics
  • HDMI (widescreen displays have some issues)
  • USB ports
  • Keyboard (backlight doesn't work)
  • Function Keys
  • Ethernet
  • Wifi (Replace the original with BCM94352Z
  • Battery Status (Says zero percentage but it knows when charging)
  • UVC HD Webcam
  • Speaker and Microphone
  • Touchpad (it's a pain to get working though)
What Doesn't Work
  • NVIDIA Optimus
  • SD Card Reader (for now)
Install Guide
  1. Clone the repo with 'git clone https://github.com/CremBluRay/ASUS-ROG-GL552VW-HACKINTOSH.git'
  2. Use Unibeast to make a usb install drive (Replace the CLOVER and BOOT folders on the EFI partition of the drive with the folders from the repo).
  3. Boot from the usb install drive
  4. Use the arrow keys to select 'Mac OS install' from 'Install Mac OS' and press 'Enter'
  5. When the installer loads, select 'Disk Utility'
  6. In the menubar, select View > All Devices
  7. Format the hard drive by clicking erase, naming it anything you'd like, formatting with MacOS exntended (Journaled), and selecting the GUID partitioning scheme.
  8. When the drive is done formatting, close disk utility.
  9. Click 'Install Mac OS'
  10. Select the drive you just formatted and install macOS. (If the computer restarts, DO NOT boot into the usb install drive in clover. Instead, boot into the drive you just formatted using clover).
  11. During the install process, do not remove the usb install drive form the computer.
  12. The computer may restart a few times, so be patient.
  13. Eventually, the computer will boot and you'll be asked to setup an account the settings for the computer. You may need to plug in a usb mouse to be able to progress through the setup.
  14. Once finished with the setup, use clover configurator to mount the EFI of the hard drive.
  15. In the EFI partition, you'll see a folder called EFI. (If you don't see this, make one and drag the folder labelled Apple into it as well). Open it and place the BOOT and CLOVER folders from the usb install drive into the folder (next to the folder labelled Apple). This will install clover onto the partition and you can now safely eject the usb install drive.
  16. Open terminal and type 'sudo trimforce disable' (this will make boot time much faster).
  17. Done!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Credits