Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG GL502VS (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070) Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, why? If I optimize windows would Mac OS optimize at the same time? On dualboot, does windows performance affect Mac OS?
basically, if you have the same issue on windows, then maybe it is the hardware (loud fan noises)

or maybe this may help:

you will have to trial and error :)

basically, if you have the same issue on windows, then maybe it is the hardware (loud fan noises)

or maybe this may help:

you will have to trial and error :)

I don't think is hardware problem, I will check it for some days using windows and will tell you.

Thank you for the link, but I think I have read all the articles and forums on the internet about it hahaha I think it is a DSDT or config.plist problem.

Hi, I would like to know if somebody could help me. I have an sus gl502vm (i7 6700hq and gtx1060 6gbvram). My problems are these:

-Screen brightness is low and can not change it with keyboard keys. If it would be at max I wouldnt mind not been able to change it, but that would be great.
- Keyboard backlight is always on, can not control it either. I have done the patch of the pst but can not control it.

I attach my DSDT.aml and my kext folder in order to know what I am using. Please somebody help me, would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    164.4 KB · Views: 96
  • kexts.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 98
Hi, I would like to know if somebody could help me. I have an sus gl502vm (i7 6700hq and gtx1060 6gbvram). My problems are these:

-Screen brightness is low and can not change it with keyboard keys. If it would be at max I wouldnt mind not been able to change it, but that would be great.
- Keyboard backlight is always on, can not control it either. I have done the patch of the pst but can not control it.

I attach my DSDT.aml and my kext folder in order to know what I am using. Please somebody help me, would be really appreciated.
AppleBacklight.kext is probably not needed
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is not needed, replaced with AirportBrcmFixup
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (use latest version of whatevergreen.kext)
AsusNBFnKeys.kext replace with AsusSMC.kext

also you would be better in uploading your clover folder

and in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

Just done those changes, now keyboard backlight is not turned on. But there is no way still to turn it on. Screen brightness still is low and can not change it. If I go to setting/screen There is a brightness slider. The slider only works for minimum brightness (turned off screen almost) but all other brightness level don't work, I can control this slider also with f5 and f6 (without fn) but happens the same does not reach maximum, and different brightness levels don't change. If I use brightness slider app, I can get the maximum brightness but in a weird position (not the top).
This time I attach my complete clover folder. Hope someone can help me fix this issues. Also want to fix the keyboard backlight problem.
Captura de pantalla 2020-08-12 a las 23.21.48.png

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
AppleBacklight.kext is probably not needed
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is not needed, replaced with AirportBrcmFixup
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (use latest version of whatevergreen.kext)
AsusNBFnKeys.kext replace with AsusSMC.kext

also you would be better in uploading your clover folder

and in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

I forgot to reply to your comment, my answer is the one before, my last message sorry.

Just done those changes, now keyboard backlight is not turned on. But there is no way still to turn it on. Screen brightness still is low and can not change it. If I go to setting/screen There is a brightness slider. The slider only works for minimum brightness (turned off screen almost) but all other brightness level don't work, I can control this slider also with f5 and f6 (without fn) but happens the same does not reach maximum, and different brightness levels don't change. If I use brightness slider app, I can get the maximum brightness but in a weird position (not the top).
This time I attach my complete clover folder. Hope someone can help me fix this issues. Also want to fix the keyboard backlight problem.
View attachment 483956
does your laptop have intel graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back