Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG GL502VS (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070) Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your hardware does not require ssdtPRgen.sh nor the SSDT.aml generated from it.
You need only config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true.
Details here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Many thanks ! :thumbup:

which means that I do not have to copy SSDT.aml to the \ EFI \ CLOVER \ ACPI \ patched folder, but just add "PluginType = true" in config.plist, thanks a lot for help, but should I leave the SSDT-UIAC.aml file recommended by this guide, please. (no i guess) ?

thank you for all this work, and although I have my own shortcomings, answer from the famous RehabMan is still very encouraging for the future :mrgreen::clap:

Many thanks ! :thumbup:

which means that I do not have to copy SSDT.aml to the \ EFI \ CLOVER \ ACPI \ patched folder, but just add "PluginType = true" in config.plist, thanks a lot for help, but should I leave the SSDT-UIAC.aml file recommended by this guide, please. (no i guess) ?

thank you for all this work, and although I have my own shortcomings, answer from the famous RehabMan is still very encouraging for the future :mrgreen::clap:

SSDT-UIAC.aml is for USB configuration... nothing to do with CPU PM.

Hi, i have the same laptop but the 7th generation processor, i tried following your guide but it was SUPER difficult to keep track, can you make a video or something ? I understand most of the terms are commonly used here, but some have no idea what's what

I just got the 7700hq version of this laptop and I am amazed at how good this laptop can be hackintoshed. Because of no optimus, you can use the 1070 card, almost everything works (the one major thing that doesn't is the wi-fi). Even bluetooth works natively (well, sometimes :p). I heavily suggest this laptop for hackintoshing, I had another laptop with 8750h and 1060 with optimus and it was a nightmare to even install the OS.

Last edited:
I just got the 7700hq version of this laptop and I am amazed at how good this laptop can be hackintoshed. Because of no optimus, you can use the 1070 card, almost everything works (the one major thing that doesn't is the wi-fi). Even bluetooth works natively. I heavily suggest this laptop for hackintoshing, I had another laptop with 8750h and 1060 with optimus and it was a nightmare to even install the OS.
can you share your way how did you do it ? i tried so many times and failed.

can you share the files you used since it's the same specs? or share the directions please ?

i have the i7 7700hq with gtx 1070, ssd and hdd the gl502vs

I followed this guide and it works for 7700HQ model too

the usb is not showing in the boot menu, followed the steps exactly ? anything missing here ?

*new update
Everything working in Asus GL502VY

Attachments

• new.png
    new.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 352
*new update
Everything working in Asus GL502VY
Hi im back!! Good to see your screenshot. Can i get your config? I will updating this thread or maybe go to High Sierra / Mojave and create new tutorial if everything work like your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back