Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG GL502VS (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, GTX 1070) Sierra 10.12.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was going to be my next question... should it also be changed on the acpi level? I'll try it out.

That was going to be my next question... should it also be changed on the acpi level? I'll try it out.

Not also... but "only changed via ACPI".
That way you don't have a custom kext,... easier to update the kext when new builds come/etc.

Hey RehabMan!
I've been playing around with sound lately so I decided to give HDMI audio a shot.
Everything seems to be right, except that no matter if I use DP2HDMI or HDMI2HDMI, I still don't have the HDMI audio listed as an option in the Audio Devices settings.

Do you know or ever heard of audio_CloverHDMI not being compatible with FakePCIID kext? Since FakePCIID was the only way I could find to make the regular audio (both speakers and audio jack) works properly.

Cheers!

Hey RehabMan!
I've been playing around with sound lately so I decided to give HDMI audio a shot.
Everything seems to be right, except that no matter if I use DP2HDMI or HDMI2HDMI, I still don't have the HDMI audio listed as an option in the Audio Devices settings.

Do you know or ever heard of audio_CloverHDMI not being compatible with FakePCIID kext? Since FakePCIID was the only way I could find to make the regular audio (both speakers and audio jack) works properly.

Cheers!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    10.6 MB · Views: 102
  • efi-clover.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 99
  • pathmatic.zip
    66.9 KB · Views: 77
  • kextstat.txt
    796 bytes · Views: 118
  • kextcache.txt
    630 bytes · Views: 110
Hi RehabMan,

I've came across a new issue, I have to reboot every two days due kernel_task memory leak or something like that, could you please take a look on my files? Thank you.

Your kext setup is a mess:
- both AppleALC and patched AppleHDA?
- AppleHDA.kext cannot be in EFI/Clover/kexts
- all kexts must be installed to the system volume
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be "Detect"

In a kernel memory leak situation, all kexts you are using are suspect to memory leaks.
Eliminate unnecessary kexts until you determine the source of the problem (after you install your kexts correctly)

Although it could be any kext, I would suspect: VoodooI2C.kext or AsusNBFnKeys.kext, so that would be two to eliminate at the start.

You forgot to press F4, so your files in ACPI/origin were too old to compare against ACPI/patched, so I didn't check them.

Your kext setup is a mess:
- both AppleALC and patched AppleHDA?
- AppleHDA.kext cannot be in EFI/Clover/kexts
- all kexts must be installed to the system volume
- config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts should be "Detect"

In a kernel memory leak situation, all kexts you are using are suspect to memory leaks.
Eliminate unnecessary kexts until you determine the source of the problem (after you install your kexts correctly)

Although it could be any kext, I would suspect: VoodooI2C.kext or AsusNBFnKeys.kext, so that would be two to eliminate at the start.

You forgot to press F4, so your files in ACPI/origin were too old to compare against ACPI/patched, so I didn't check them.
Thanks man!

Indeed, it was such a mess.
I've cleaned up as you said, and so far the memory seems to be gone :)

But I'm afraid I'll have to find a new kext for the touchpad, since I had to remove VoodooI2C.

Btw, find in attach my ACPI/origin, please let me know if there's anything wrong in it.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    74.3 KB · Views: 70
But I'm afraid I'll have to find a new kext for the touchpad, since I had to remove VoodooI2C.

VoodooI2C is undergoing a rewrite.

Btw, find in attach my ACPI/origin, please let me know if there's anything wrong in it.

The SystemMemory addresses in ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml match against those in ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

VoodooI2C is undergoing a rewrite.

The SystemMemory addresses in ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml match against those in ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

I see, any good alternatives to VoodooI2C while it's under refactor?

So, everything seems ok regarding the DSDT? (Just checking since last time we discussed it, I pointed that I've removed some values during the Patching process in order to solve some errors).

Thank you once again for your support.

I see, any good alternatives to VoodooI2C while it's under refactor?

External USB mouse.

So, everything seems ok regarding the DSDT? (Just checking since last time we discussed it, I pointed that I've removed some values during the Patching process in order to solve some errors).

Without a specific problem to look for, I only checked SystemMemory values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back