Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG G551/552, GL551/552 Series (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, HD 530) Using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your BIOS allows you to disable Intel, then you have essentially an Nvidia only system.
Most systems with both do not allow for Intel to be disabled (because it is Nvidia Optimus).

Thank you I will look into that matter. This is probably not something I should begin tonight I am seeing.

Does this guide work with macOS Sierra on ASUS GL552VW?

The title of the thread includes "GL552" does it not?
Yes, it does, but they use El Capitan instead of Sierra, so I would like to know if anyone has tried to follow it in order to install Sierra.
I have tried but failed, and I don't know if I did anything wrong, or if it's just that this guide only works with El Capitan, that's why I'm asking

Hi.

I have problems to compile my DSDT.dls file for my Asus dog gl552vw.
before apply all the patchs i have a few compile errors about PARSEOP if someone can help me compiling the file by his self or say me how can i solve it.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 304
  • DSDT(beforePatchs).dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 233
Please let me know if I am doing this right. I was able to get all the way to Step G in the guide.

To boot this laptop into OSX I need to use the USB created (boot into clover). So when I use F4 to extract the DSDT and SSDT files, they get placed on the USB's origin folder(USB/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin). Then I extract and patch as per post#1. Then I place the patched aml files in the Internal System patched folder(SYSTEM/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched). Is that the right way to do this?

My Hard drive has both Windows 10 and OSX El Capitan on it. I feel like I may be getting the wrong DSDT and SSDT files since they end up on the USB's origin folder and not on the Internal HD's origin folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back