Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG G551/552, GL551/552 Series (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, HD 530) Using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I was tired to adjust the brightness, I added the Backlight-level in System Parameters.
After a few days, I removed the Backlight-level in System Parameters.
The black screen had gone.
Though the value of the backlight-level before shutdown and after booting didn't match, at least that is the brightness I could accept.
Now I have a much bigger problem, the battery status reads "service battery".
Compare this two files :"battery-report.html" is the battery report from windows and "battery information from mac.txt" from "system report\power",
The battery is normal in win.
But, in Mac, Full charge capacity reads 2190(mAh.)
Thanks, though.

You are getting "service battery" due to your battery MaxCapacity at only 65% of DesignCapacity.
Even your Windows report shows battery capacity at only 67% of design capacity...

You are getting "service battery" due to your battery MaxCapacity at only 65% of DesignCapacity.
Even your Windows report shows battery capacity at only 67% of design capacity...
You are right.
Sorry, I didn't notice the unit are not the same.
2190mAh*14.4V is about 31536 mWh.
I just couldn't believe the percentage of design capacity dropped from 100% to 65% for only about one year.
Maybe it's because I usually keep my laptop plugged in fixed power.
Could you have a look at my attachment,
I wonder if the discrete graphic in my laptop disabled correctly.
I tried to follow this guide,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/
But I cannot find the _OFF method like that, so that I don't know which _INI method I should mod.
Thanks.

Attachments

• clues.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 234
You are right.
Sorry, I didn't notice the unit are not the same.
2190mAh*14.4V is about 31536 mWh.
I just couldn't believe the percentage of design capacity dropped from 100% to 65% for only about one year.
Maybe it's because I usually keep my laptop plugged in fixed power.
Could you have a look at my attachment,
I wonder if the discrete graphic in my laptop disabled correctly.
I tried to follow this guide,
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/
But I cannot find the _OFF method like that, so that I don't know which _INI method I should mod.
Thanks.

Discrete GPU not disabled.
_OFF method is in SSDT-13.
There is no _INI at that scope, so you simply add one that calls OFF (you can add it to the same SSDT-13, right after _OFF)

Hi @LiteGaming I have a second laptop, Asus ROG GL552VW-DH71, same as you, but I am having a lot of trouble getting VoodooI2C to work for my trackpad!

• Would I be able to trouble you for a copy of your VoodooI2C.kext and DSDT.aml? I can't figure it out, I've patched my DSDT with and without Windows 10, int3443,and int3442, tried changing timeout in VoodooI2C, but still no dice.
  • Or if you were able to direct me to the exact DSDT patches and kexts that I need to invoke, that would also be amazing

Hi @LiteGaming I have a second laptop, Asus ROG GL552VW-DH71, same as you, but I am having a lot of trouble getting VoodooI2C to work for my trackpad!

• Would I be able to trouble you for a copy of your VoodooI2C.kext and DSDT.aml? I can't figure it out, I've patched my DSDT with and without Windows 10, int3443,and int3442, tried changing timeout in VoodooI2C, but still no dice.
  • Or if you were able to direct me to the exact DSDT patches and kexts that I need to invoke, that would also be amazing
how don't know how im going to send you it without violating the rules.
have you checked out the voodooi2c thread?

how don't know how im going to send you it without violating the rules.
have you checked out the voodooi2c thread?

I have checked out the voodooi2c thread, and tried a bunch of different things, includingt those kext builds, but no luck. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I feel as if I've tried everything!
  • Which kext build are you using currently? The VoodooI2C.kext Dec282016.zip one that you posted?
  • Did you have to do any DSDT edits relating to trackpad?
  • Is your laptop (GL552VW) the "DH71" version?
  • Would it be easier for me to PM you?

I have checked out the voodooi2c thread, and tried a bunch of different things, includingt those kext builds, but no luck. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I feel as if I've tried everything!
  • Which kext build are you using currently? The VoodooI2C.kext Dec282016.zip one that you posted?
  • Did you have to do any DSDT edits relating to trackpad?
  • Is your laptop (GL552VW) the "DH71" version?
  • Would it be easier for me to PM you?
as per rules:

• Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

how can i download el capitan version right now, i mean i have not purchased el capitan before ?

Hi all,

Great guide, I have an Asus gl502vm, and have followed your guide to the tee. Only issue Im having right now is the trackpad (And the audio, but I'd like to fix the trackpad first).

I've tried the Win10 Patch for my DSDT, I've tried Voodooi2c and I get a Kernel Panic at boot. Even if I try live loading it it crashed my system and its back into safe mode to pull the kext out to get stable again.

I've attached photos of my monitor during a 3 back to back attempted startups after adding voodoo, I've also attached my EFI folder and my DSDT.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Chavles.zip
    39 MB · Views: 288
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back