Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG G551/552, GL551/552 Series (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, HD 530) Using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How u manage to get keyboard backlight to work?I already patch dsdt and ssdt fn keys work good but keyboard backlight not.

How u manage to get keyboard backlight to work?I already patch dsdt and ssdt fn keys work good but keyboard backlight not.
I hope you notice there is a different patch for backlighting if you read the steps correctly there should be a file in the folder that contains the patches to get the backlighting to work.

Or your computer is different from us because our models are in the G551/552 and GL551/552 Series.

I hope you notice there is a different patch for backlighting if you read the steps correctly there should be a file in the folder that contains the patches to get the backlighting to work.

Or your computer is different from us because our models are in the G551/552 and GL551/552 Series.
Not so much difference bcs the spec is same but my laptop screen is 17inch.I already apply the patch the keyboard backlight patch 16 level to dsdt and compiled without error.I suspect the backlight is something related to i2c bcs my touched is i2c

Hello, thanks so much for the guide. I've finally kinda fumbled my way through most things. Audio works, ethernet works, Bluetooth works. I'm left with three things that I'm kinda stuck on and need some help. One thing is my laptop screen turns of about halfway through the Apple loading screen, HDMI to an external monitor works. (Verbose mode is useless as it runs too fast for me to see exactly what line it stops on) Next is my battery can't be read properly and stays at 0% the whole time. Did follow the native power management guide linked (hopefully properly), last is only 4 Gb of my 8Gbs Ram is being recognized. Any ideas on how to solve this? If not, I'll try to reinstall the whole thing. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
I have a laptop Asus ROG GL552VW. Could you, please fix and patch my dsdt.dsl? I can't do it myself bc haven't mac around me.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl.zip
    80.4 KB · Views: 87
I have a laptop Asus ROG GL552VW. Could you, please fix and patch my dsdt.dsl? I can't do it myself bc haven't mac around me.

Patching ACPI is a post-install task.
You will need a Mac or working hack in order to download OS X from the Mac App Store.

I wanted to patch it myself, using Linux Debian but seems DSDTEditor and DSDTAutopatcher don't work. That is why I asked here to help me to patch my dsdt.dsl. Maybe do you know where to find sources code of DSDTEditor fo fixing it?

Last edited:
I wanted to patch it myself, using Linux Debian but seems DSDTEditor and DSDTAutopatcher don't work. That is why I asked here to help me to patch my dsdt.dsl. Maybe do you know where to find sources code of DSDTEditor fo fixing it?
Use MacASL use the instructions...

So if I don't want move to XOS, I haven't chances to patch on linux? It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back