Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus ROG G551/552, GL551/552 Series (Skylake, i7-6700HQ, HD 530) Using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman, thanks. I hadn't notice the recent addition of USB3 _PWR 0x6D Sylake version. I used it and compiled perfectly.

Whoa, its just updated recently. But i already use USB3 _PWR 0x0D, sleep working. Should i use the new patch?

The old patch definitely made some changes that weren't right...

Btw i use patchmatic to compile because it doesn't have error like MaciASL.

patchmatic doesn't compile anything. Perhaps you mean iasl. If you use my version of MaciASL (ACPI 6.1) and iasl, the two are using the same iasl.

The old patch definitely made some changes that weren't right...

patchmatic doesn't compile anything. Perhaps you mean iasl. If you use my version of MaciASL (ACPI 6.1) and iasl, the two are using the same iasl.

Okay, re-patching my DSDT..

Yeah im sorry, its iasl. Maybe i use old version of MaciASL, downloading new one. Thanks

Hi
I will try this as soon as i can
This is the first serious guide i found matching with my Asus Rog GL552VX
Thanx for your job !

Hi,
Don't know why I don't have boot OS X installer from USB. option in clover?
Can you suggest me some solution?

Hi,
Don't know why I don't have boot OS X installer from USB. option in clover?
Can you suggest me some solution?
Try to remove USBInjectAll.kext in Clover/kexts/Other on your USB

where is the download for the rog_551_552.zip ?

Hello @safar46 and @RehabMan. I am using your guide to install El Capitan on my laptop, which is different to yours but I think they're pretty close. I am not able to install the OS since I get a block logo on the first screen. It seems to be something related to the USB ports, according to what I have read around, but I don't know what to do. Here is a video of it:
I have already removed USBInjectAll.kext in Clover/kexts/Other, just in case, but with the same result.
Please, give me a hand if you spare a moment.

Last edited:
Does my laptop will works with this guide?
Asus N552VW i7-6700HQ with 4K Display

Hello @safar46 and @RehabMan. I am using your guide to install El Capitan on my laptop, which is different to yours but I think they're pretty close. I am not able to install the OS since I get a block logo on the first screen. It seems to be something related to the USB ports, according to what I have read around, but I don't know what to do. Here is a video of it:
I have already removed USBInjectAll.kext in Clover/kexts/Other, just in case, but with the same result.
Please, give me a hand if you spare a moment.

Assuming you're booting from USB... "Still waiting for root device" indicates a USB problem.

Make sure you try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back