Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Note: the rotated display reverses the swipe directions! ;-)
That's good to know, as the system preferences > Display rotation doesn't.

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hmmm. With both the app and the Sys Pref screen rotation, I get the opposite swipe direction vs the trackpad.

I'm still trying to figure out how to 'Enter' or 'Execute' using the screen. The virtual keyboard is disabled by the CleanKeyboard app, so unfortunately, in tablet mode, there is no virtual keyboard, as one has on an ipad.

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Hmmm. With both the app and the Sys Pref screen rotation, I get the opposite swipe direction vs the trackpad.

I'm still trying to figure out how to 'Enter' or 'Execute' using the screen. The virtual keyboard is disabled by the CleanKeyboard app, so unfortunately, in tablet mode, there is no virtual keyboard, as one has on an ipad.
I haven't found a lot of use for tablet mode in macOS yet.

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I agree - more curiosity than anything...how close to an ipad can I get at this point? At this point the gestures are sufficient for, say, a mini presentation via powerpoint, or watching a movie in cramped quarters on a plane (both 'tent' mode).

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
New challenge: I have a desktop hackintosh. When both laptop and desktop are connected to the same wifi, I can see the laptop from my desktop via 'Network', but do not even see a 'Network' icon on the laptop in Finder. I do see 'Remote Disk', but there is no such thing. Any ideas what's going on?

[Solved] I checked network settings and the Ethernet was 'self-assigned'. Since we have no ethernet connection, I deleted it. Voila! Network appeared in Finder.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
New challenge: I have a desktop hackintosh. When both laptop and desktop are connected to the same wifi, I can see the laptop from my desktop via 'Network', but do not even see a 'Network' icon on the laptop in Finder. I do see 'Remote Disk', but there is no such thing. Any ideas what's going on?

[Solved] I checked network settings and the Ethernet was 'self-assigned'. Since we have no ethernet connection, I deleted it. Voila! Network appeared in Finder.
Couple of updates to the package. Made a few adjustments to the USB configuration (SSDT-UIAC), and there's an updated patch for _PRW that enables wake on USB and Bluetooth (will need to re-patch a clean DSDT).

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
I'm getting occasional 'spontaneous reboots'. When coming back into the OS, there's no acknowledgement of what's just happened. Is there a log I can review or turn on in order to diagnose what's going on?

Tom

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
I'm getting occasional 'spontaneous reboots'. When coming back into the OS, there's no acknowledgement of what's just happened. Is there a log I can review or turn on in order to diagnose what's going on?

Tom
In order to see what's going on there, you would need to enable the debug and don't reboot after a panic options in clover.

Motherboard
ASUS Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Those are options running clover at startup? or changes to the config.plist?

Nevermind: spacebar at Clover startup and checked no reboot and debug kexts.

Last edited: