Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this guide and everything went mostly great. Many thanks!

2 questions-

1. what is the difference between extracting and patching your own dsdt file as you describe here vs the ones you can download here http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/98375-asus-dsdt-patch-repository-maciasl.html and is the only thing you lose by not using a dsdt at all hdmi audio and sleep? Those aren't really a concern for this one.

2. When I first did the install and MB without dsdt my CPU was stuck at 3.1. I ran the ssdt script which got it to idle down to 1.6 and up 3.4 but it won't "turbo" up to 3.8. It's not a thermal issue and bios CPU turbo settings are on auto. I don't want to overclock but do want to get it to where it should be.

Thanks for any tips!

I've had this board working for sometime now and decided since I was going to re-purpose this machine that I would wipe out the SSD and do a fresh new install. Big mistake. I forgot just how hard this board was to get working in the first place. I'm having a hard time getting my GFX card to work once again. (It's an EVGA Geforce GTX 650Ti)

I started out by applying the latest patched BIOS (v. 0801) and I made it through the instructions on the first page without a hitch using a newly made Unibeast stick with 10.8.5. w/o my card installed I typed in -x "Graphics Mode"="1920x1200x32" in order to avoid a garbled screen. Everything was working alright.

I shut down and slapped my 650ti in and upon restart I was immediately confronted by an unintelligible BIOs. Garbled green lines everywhere and no way to navigate around to change any settings. So I'm stuck at this point. Might anyone have any advice on what I can try to get my GFX functioning once again?

Update or new post for MAVERICKS ?? ;-)

Yea the Asus naming had me confused too the itx board I have is P8Z77-I Delux and now I have working HDMI sound.Thx the only issue to sort is 10.8.4 USB Unibeast installer not finishing the job past initial install as I can not seem to go into setup screens thx.
I am having the same issue. I get stuck at the Apple logo on the Unibeast boot. I believe that the problem is the bios (i have not modified it because I cannot find the link).
EDIT:
Ok, found the Wordpress site (HTTP://biosreop.wordpress.com/asus) you all are awesome! Trying it when I get off work (I work on computers, so this has become an addiction to then be my job).

Hi Mr Bald ,

I have got my install to work but I can only boot with the UniBeast 3.0.1 usb stick and not from the hard drive??
Heres a pic of booting from the HD with Chimera 2.2.1 and OSx 10.9.1 and this HD boots fine when I boot from the USB UniBeast install stick! and select the 10.9.1 osx HD! any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and love your guide it help me so much.

regards G

Attachments

• IMG_3073.jpg
    IMG_3073.jpg
    662.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3072.jpg
    IMG_3072.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 154
For whatever reason, I cannot get audio to work. I have ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD motherboard, where the only difference is in the wifi/Bluetooth card, I believe. It still has the ALC898 audio chip, according to the specs.I also

Using the flashed BIOS, so that I don't have to worry about kernel setup. I select No DSDT for audio, and Realtek ALC898. Everything installs, but upon reboot, no audio devices are found. I have tried umpteen combinations, but no luck. I know the audio works, as my Windows installation is just fine. THis is using analog audio on the back. Argh.

Hi Mr Bald ,

I have got my install to work but I can only boot with the UniBeast 3.0.1 usb stick and not from the hard drive??
Heres a pic of booting from the HD with Chimera 2.2.1 and OSx 10.9.1 and this HD boots fine when I boot from the USB UniBeast install stick! and select the 10.9.1 osx HD! any thoughts?

Thanks in advance and love your guide it help me so much.

regards G

Never mind I worked it out O/

is anyone had working ML on
Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard ?

Pls Help me

Intel i7-3770K
Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
Asus 210 - 1GB
corsair vengeance 16 GB

I installed ML successfully, But first booting get restarted :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.