Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guy are outstanding with all the information you share..I'll be working on my HackT next weekend.
Just waiting on my SSD to come in..thanks to all :headbang:

Is it possible to install OS X to this board without having access to a Mac? I don't have one so I can't do the Unibeast installer.

Is it possible to install OS X to this board without having access to a Mac? I don't have one so I can't do the Unibeast installer.
Yes.
iBoot Ivy Bridge + retail Snow Leopard 10.6.3 DVD for installation, upgrade to 10.6.8 to get the MAS and download Mavericks to make UniBeast USB.

If you or a friend don't have access to a Macintosh, try a local school, library or college/university. You can access Apple's Mac App Store (MAS) and create an account. Then, download the installation file and UniBeast. Run UniBeast to create the installation USB thumb drive. However, you may have to get permission to download the installation file and UniBeast as well as run UniBeast.

See Simplest Mac OS X Installation Guide for the method that Going Bald was referred.

Long time user, first time poster (I think anyway!)

Cheers heaps for this guide, I would have saved myself a bunch of time if I'd had read through and went straight to the USB Flashback bit, instead I wasted time using FTK only to have it fail etc. Please also note I installed Mavericks, not Mountain Lion!

My setup:

P8Z77-I Deluxe
Xeon E-1230 V2
nVidia GTX 670OC 2GB
Samsung 840 PRO 128GB.

Now, I had a few issues mainly because of the Xeon, to get it to boot from the USB to the installer, I had to use the following, obviously -v is from my own benefit: -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Once installed, I had a harder time getting to the Initial install, I had to boot from the USB, load from the SSD using -s, once loaded, I had to do the following:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir intel_back

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

touch ../Extensions

reboot

After that, because I have a Xeon CPU, I had to launch with (again -v being for my own benefit): -v dart=0

Because it's a Xeon, VT-d is on by default, and I couldn't seem to disable it in Bios, so that's how I got around it, hope this helps someone, and thanks for the Guide! :wave:

Hi,
I sucessfully installed ML 10.8.5 on my computer, but I have issues with the 3.0 USB ports...
If I plug something on the 4 USB ports at the rear of the mobo, everything works fine.
But if I plug a key in my USB3 ports, nothing seems to work (excepted my Plantronics Gamecom 780... Brain****ed!)
I used MultiBeast to install my kexts and DSDT, installed exactly the same things that the pic on the first post (with GraphicsEnabler=No and also didn't changed my system description (MacBook, iMac...))

My specs :
P8Z77-I DELUXE with patched bios & DSDT
i5 3570k
8 GB of HyperX Vengeance
GTX670 Windforce 3X
1 TB HDD with Windows 7 Dual Boot (Chameleon)

Tried to fix permissions : nothing.
Also tried USBBusFix=Yes at boot : nothing.

Can someone help me please? Thanks ;)

I've been using my build regularly without any problems at all. (ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K and EVGA 650 Ti) Since this isn't my main machine anymore I recently decided to upgrade to Yosemite. I followed the upgrade guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

Everything still works on my build only thing is now I have to sometimes restart 3 times to get to be able to hit the login button and get to my desktop. Here's my current boot plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this particular problem?

I've been using my build regularly without any problems at all. (ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K and EVGA 650 Ti) Since this isn't my main machine anymore I recently decided to upgrade to Yosemite. I followed the upgrade guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

Everything still works on my build only thing is now I have to sometimes restart 3 times to get to be able to hit the login button and get to my desktop.
Since you installed over your existing Mavericks and Yosemite does some things differently, try this:
Copy your org.chameleon.boot.plist and SMBIOS.plist to documents or some other folder.
Delete the entire /Extra folder
Run MultiBeast and make your selections as if it were a clean install
compare your old .plists to the ones MultiBeast generates. Make changes as needed.
Reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back