Contribute
Register

Guide: Asus P8P67 Evo, Ati 6570, SL 10.6 to 10.7.1(+2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.9
CPU
Intel i7-2600K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 560 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks!

Since I finally managed to get my mackintosh back on track I thought I share my experiences and maybe help someone out there. I thank everybody who helped getting me here over the last few weeks/days and especially Tony and all the other people developing and testing new stuff: you guys rock!

This guide follows Tony's guides closely, so make sure to check out
The Snow Leopard Guide
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
The lion guide
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/xmove-multibeast-install-os-x-107-lion.html

System:
- Asus P8P67 Evo
- Intel i7 2600K
- 16 GB G-Skill RAM
- Sapphire Ati 6570
- Samsung F3 1TB HDD
- LG DVD Drive
- other stuff that doesn't matter

What you will also need:
- an Nvidia 8400 GS or other Graphics Card Snow Leopard supports—the ATI 6570 DOES NOT WORK
- iBoot 3.1.1 on CD or DVD
- SL Retail Disc (I put it on a usb key because it's just easier and faster)
- OSX 10.6.7 Combo Update
- Multibeast 3.9.0
- Multibeast 4.0.2
- xMove

First get Snow Leopard on the disk

- swap the ATI graphics card for the nvidia or any other working graphics card
- Boot iBoot and select the SL Retail Disc or USB key
- boot the installer with "GraphicsEnabler=no"
(if you don't know what I mean by that: When the iBoot disc booted up it will show you the partitions you can select, I'm guessing you will only se the iBoot disc and the usb key if it's already connected and has the SL installer on it. Now select with the arrow keys the proper install-device and start typing a bunch of letters—a command line should emerge and in here you can type so the command looks like this: GraphicsEnabler=no)

- make a big partition and a small partition on your HDD. For Lion make it as big as you like but make sure you have approx. 50 GB left. Then created a second partition with 40GB for SL (sizes might vary to your liking)
- install SL
- Reboot with iBoot and "GraphicsEnabler=no"
- when you finished filling out all the forms, start Multibeast 3.9.0 and leave it open (don't install anything, just leave the first screen open)
- install the combo Update but DO NOT REBOOR yet
- install minimal multibeast, just so you can get boot from your HDD and not iBoot
- reboot—maybe you have to use "GraphicsEnabler=no" and "-x"

Now that should have taken care of a minimal OSX 10.6.7. We will need it only to get Lion on our system so don't bother if you don't want to.

Installing Lion

- Download Lion from the appstore
- add another partition on your hdd. It will be your install drive and it needn't exceed more than 8 GB.
- install it on your drive (see Tony's Guide as a reference) but DO NOT REBOOT
- install xMove but make sure you don't install it on your current drive. Install it on the drive that is 8GB and has the name "Installer" in case you were following Tony's guide
- reboot
- select the drive "installer" and install Lion on your main partition
- reboot into Lion (you shouldn't need any kernel flags)
- install Multibeast 4.0.2 with the following options:
  • EasyBeast Install[/*:m:1mr4qszo]
  • System Utilities (all selected)[/*:m:1mr4qszo]
  • Drivers and Bootloaders
    [list:1mr4qszo]
  • Kexts & Bootloaders
    [list:1mr4qszo]
  • Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx (Select ALC8xxHDA,AppleHDA Rollback, Non-DSDT HDA Enabler->ALC892 [/*:m:1mr4qszo]
  • Network -> hnak's AppleIntelIE1000, Realtek Gigabit Ethernet[/*:m:1mr4qszo]
[/*:m:1mr4qszo][/list:u:1mr4qszo][/*:m:1mr4qszo][/list:u:1mr4qszo]

I set my systems definition (Customization -> System Definitions) to Mac Pro 5.1 but iMac works as well

- and reboot one more time and swap the nvidia 8400 GS for the ATI 6570 and that's pretty much it.

Should the sound not be working you might have to install a second time with the same options.

Hope this will help a stranded soul, it certainly made me a happy camper.

Re: Guide: Asus P8P67 Evo, Ati 6570, SL 10.6 to 10.7.1

When you use the Multibeast 3.9.0, what are the options you use?
I just installed and rebooted, but can not login on the Mac. used "GraphicsEnabler = no"

basically just these two:
- EasyBeast Install
- System Utilities (all selected)

even though you won't have sound or anything it should let you boot into SL. Did you make sure that there are no space between GraphicsEnabler and = and no? Aso I can't comment on your Graphics card since mine is older but it was a huge problem for me when I was using the 6570 to install SL: it simply wouldn't boot even in safe mode so you might wanna try a different card to get over the Snow leopard bump.

Hi ruepel,

Can I ask if you've got the P8P67 EVO's onboard Bluetooth working?
And have you used a custom DSDT for the mobo's onboard bits?

I'm looking to use this mobo for my new build, and would love it to work OOB with my Apple Bluetooth Aluminium Keyboard

Thanks,

Hi Marty!

Bluetooth is working oob on my machine but since I don't have any bt devices besides my iPhone I can't really test anything. I can however connect my iPhone with my Hackintosh so I'm guessing it's working.
I don't have any custom dsdt for it since I'm still new to this and have no idea what I would do with it since everything is almost working oob. If you could shed some light on it I would be much obliged.

In other news:
The 10.7.2 Update works flawlessly. I installed it successfully via the software updater but had to reinstall the audio drivers and rebuild system caches otherwise you won't have audio.

mine works fine till i set the system definition to 5.1 everytime i try to have it running in 64bit it just doesnt work anymore? i need it working in 64bit can you help at all?

Guide: Asus P8P67 Pro, Nvidia gtx 560, 10.7.1 to 10.7.2.1

I managed to get my Audio and Video working after 2 days!!
I got it to work with Lion 7.1 originally then i upgraded to 7.2.1 and lost everything - Arghh!, but i got it back working again!

- install Multibeast 4.0.2 with the following options:
EasyBeast Install
System Utilities (all selected)
Drivers and Bootloaders
-Kexts & Bootloaders
--Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx (Select ALC8xxHDA,AppleHDA Rollback, Non-DSDT HDA Enabler->ALC892

(**Before doing the above i had to make sure that the 889 AUDIO Kext is removed from /Extensions and then i repaired the permissions etc...)

I also enabled the Tonymacx86 graphics for 7.2.1 to get my video enabled in multibeast also.

After reboot everything works fine.

P8P67-m Pro 3.0
Core i7 sandybridge
Gskill 8Gb
Nvidia GTX 560

I have spent 2 days working on this and getting used to the options and looking around for the right answers to my problems. So anyone doing this be prepared for the head scratching but if you persevere you should hopefully get it working. One thing i do know is that if you try someones method and their system setup is the same as yours or similar but you dont quite understand why it does not work on your system then look into deleting some KEXTS that may be interfering - that in a nutshell was my problem! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back