Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
CPU
E5-1650
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
GUIDE: Asus P5Q 10.8 and 10.9

Hi everyone. I was surfing internet to found some guide for this board, but i didn't find any guide, if i founded a guide it not was updated or incomplete. So i decided to do one and help other people: This is a motherboard a bit older but it works very well.
This is my computer:
ASUS P5Q (First model)
Intel Q9400 2.6Ghz 6Mb Cache
8Gb RAM DDR2 800Mhz
Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX 1Gb

Steps:
1-Make a booteable mountain lion usb with unibeast
-Only way to boot mountain lion installer is using PCIRootUID=0
2- Install Mountain Lion
3-Reboot with unibeast
4-Install Multibeast
-Easybeast and reboot
-ALC888 legacy driver without DSDT and reboot. to get 5.1 we must use the MDI utility creating a multiple output (the second option) and select the 3 channels because before applying the kext channels are separate, only negative point is that we loose the system digital audio control
-For network there is a older kext fixed atheros (i don't tested it but i think that it works, it appears in devices. I currently use an alfa AWUS036NH for internet connection) i will leave down the kext to download, to install it you can use kextbeast kext utility kext wizard... there is a lot of them.
-For Alfa AWUS036NH if someone wants the installer i will leave it too, its difficult to get an installer that works in mountain lion and this device.

Thats all. only thing that doesn't work is sleep but the rest works like a charm, i don't need sleep working
For updates only you have to reinstall audio driver like other motherboards. Currently i am using 10.8.3 and works great. Geekbench 6800

Alfa pkg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6vouo1ky7wymmo/alfa-awus036nh-mountain-lion.dmg

UPDATE: MAVERICKS INSTALL
To boot installer type these flags:
PCIRootUID=0
GraphicsEnabler=yes
Wait at grey screen, passed 30 seconds language selection will appear.
More or less 25 minutes installing the system on my SSD
So boot up system using unibeast, use multibeast, reinstall all and enjoy OS X Mavericks ;)

Attachments

• AtherosL1eEthernet.kext.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 204
How did you get Mavericks to work? Also do you have sleep mode working?

sleep is working with mavericks, on mine (see signature) even wake on usb works ;)

Ok, I have the Asus P5Q and a GTX 260. When I try to go to sleep, the machine just instantly wakes up again. Did you do any modifications?

Thank you, I will look into it!

Your sig only links to your main build :)

Yes, because my "Fun Machine" is a pretty old Lady ;) i built her in early 2009. She has worked with all OSX Versions since Snow Leo (10.6.3) and i didn't had time yet to post her in the builds section ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back