Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS N550JX El Capitan install, Triple-Boot with Windows 10 and Linux Mint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 153

CodecCommander solution only applies to using patched AppleHDA.
You're using VoodooHDA.

Note also that ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml

+ any add-on SSDTs you need.

USB process is quite simple:
- use USBInjectAll.kext to inject all possible ports
- run IORegistryExplorer
- plug a USB2 device into each port (does not need to be at the same time)
- plug a USB3 device into each port (does not need to be at the same time)
- go back to IORegistryExplorer to see which ports were used
- use SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl as a template to make a custom SSDT for the ports you need (eg. change UsbConnector to match each port, and eliminate unused ports).

hi RehabMan,

since I've installed High Sierra onto external HDD, how can I correctly test USB ports with IORegistryExplorer?

Thx!

hi RehabMan,

since I've installed High Sierra onto external HDD, how can I correctly test USB ports with IORegistryExplorer?

Thx!

If you have some issue, you must provide "Problem Reporting" files.
With two USB ports, you can alternate between them for your boot drive to adequately test all ports with USB2 and USB3 devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back