Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus GL551JW (and similar) (via hotpatching)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a couple of observations...

all kexts should be installed to system, and leave only essential kexts in clover/kexts.other (fakesmc, voodoops2controller, ethernet and probably lilu kexts) as you have :
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>

which is correct, any kext in clover won't be injected as you have FakeSMC installed to system (having Fakesmc installed to system is also correct)

having kexts in clover/kexts/other with your setup won't be injected

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 you should pick one as you only need one of those

also you have a sorted order defined, you shouldn't need this as you are using hotpatch method

I managed to fix not being able to boot without verbose mode by updating IntelGraphicsFixup to the latest version

Also i did what you suggested, but with no luck. I can see the device and adjust the volume and everything, I just don't actually hear anything...

Just tried headphones, which work...

I managed to fix not being able to boot without verbose mode by updating IntelGraphicsFixup to the latest version

Also i did what you suggested, but with no luck. I can see the device and adjust the volume and everything, I just don't actually hear anything...

Just tried headphones, which work...
if you have made changes to your system, then you need to re upload your new problem reporting files

Removing the battery from my laptop and holding the power button for 30 seconds fixed the problem... Weird.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Removing the battery from my laptop and holding the power button for 30 seconds fixed the problem... Weird.

Thanks for the suggestions!

EC reset to the rescue!

did your keyboard light work with these patch?

what about battery? no more SSDT-BATT.aml in your repo?
oopss..sorry just find it "# compile_patch SSDT-BATT # no longer needed with SMCBatteryManager"
thanks any way

Last edited:
oopss..sorry just find it "# compile_patch SSDT-BATT # no longer needed with SMCBatteryManager"
thanks any way
i was going to say that it is not needed if you use VitualSMC along instead of FakeSMC

along with SMCBatteryManager

but i see your edit :)

thanks any way
i was going to say that it is not needed if you use VitualSMC along instead of FakeSMC

along with SMCBatteryManager

but i see your edit :)

Woops! I'll update the guide some time soon!

@Feartech, hope you don't mind me asking, but can you move this thread to the Mojave Guides please, as I assume I'm not able to.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back