Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus GL551JW (and similar) (via hotpatching)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
After installing the kexts that were suggested and rebuilding the cache, everything seems to be working so far!

Thanks for all the help and for putting in the work on this guide and scripts!

Last edited:
Sorry, typo. Meant the config SSDT.

Still no idea what you might mean by "I would just have assumed that the config SSDT would need to be loaded first."

Still no idea what you might mean by "I would just have assumed that the config SSDT would need to be loaded first."

The SSDT for configuring variables. Like your SSDT-RMCF.aml file.

The SSDT for configuring variables. Like your SSDT-RMCF.aml file.

All of my hotpatch SSDTs are coded carefully such that they are not order dependent.

All of my hotpatch SSDTs are coded carefully such that they are not order dependent.
Ah I see. Well, I tried to copy your files, so hopefully mine is the same, though I'm not sure. Will have to test.

After updating to 10.13 (or 10.13.1, not sure) I've lost audio. Also, I can't boot unless I boot with verbose mode which is really odd. Safe mode of course works too. I haven't changed anything. I've compiled the most recent versions of lilu and applealc and installed them with no luck...

I've included my problem reporting files if anyone can help see what went wrong...

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 147
After updating to 10.13 (or 10.13.1, not sure) I've lost audio. Also, I can't boot unless I boot with verbose mode which is really odd. Safe mode of course works too. I haven't changed anything. I've compiled the most recent versions of lilu and applealc and installed them with no luck...

I've included my problem reporting files if anyone can help see what went wrong...
just a couple of observations...

all kexts should be installed to system, and leave only essential kexts in clover/kexts.other (fakesmc, voodoops2controller, ethernet and probably lilu kexts) as you have :
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>

which is correct, any kext in clover won't be injected as you have FakeSMC installed to system (having Fakesmc installed to system is also correct)

having kexts in clover/kexts/other with your setup won't be injected

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and OsxAptioFixDrv-64 you should pick one as you only need one of those

also you have a sorted order defined, you shouldn't need this as you are using hotpatch method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back